The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Chris Kelly and Brad Marchand could be traded

Because he's a toilet brush... Edler for Marchand? Are you nuts? Don't get all the love for Marchand.. He is nothing but a dirty sour vermin... Besides if you think Canucks are getting a raw deal from the refs, Marchand in Vancouver would be like petrol on a bonfire.. No thanks ( second thoughs... Maybe buy him and then the whole team starting with Henrik can buttfick him in the showers, before dumping him in the river... now there's a thought).

Umm Kelly's cap hit for the next 3 years is $3mil.... Marchant is $4.5mil for the next 4.... That is $7.5mil for the next 4 years on 3rd liners.... When do our young players get slotted in?

On the other hand, we could make a pitch for former Panther Gregory Campbell, but just our luck, his dad Colon would retire and order would be restored haha

Because he's a toilet brush... Edler for Marchand? Are you nuts? Don't get all the love for Marchand.. He is nothing but a dirty sour vermin... Besides if you think Canucks are getting a raw deal from the refs, Marchand in Vancouver would be like petrol on a bonfire.. No thanks ( second thoughs... Maybe buy him and then the whole team starting with Henrik can buttfick him in the showers, before dumping him in the river... now there's a thought).

Umm Kelly's cap hit for the next 3 years is $3mil.... Marchant is $4.5mil for the next 4.... That is $7.5mil for the next 4 years on 3rd liners.... When do our young players get slotted in?

On the other hand, we could make a pitch for former Panther Gregory Campbell, but just our luck, his dad Colon would retire and order would be restored haha

I can handle the Marchand punching Daniel in the face. That's hockey and it was us that didn't stick up for ourselves. The hard nosed hockey we saw in the finals was not what bothers me.

What I can't handle is the kids mentality. He thinks its ok to throw dirt hit after dirty hit(salo). The guy is a downright dirty every once in a while and won't admit what he did was dirty. He's another Matt Cooke that is going to end a few careers by the time he's done.

Kelly on the other hand is exactly what we need. Boston knows how to field offers and maximize return on any trade they make though. They'd be demanding something like gaunce and bieksa and I'm not cool with that.

I can handle the Marchand punching Daniel in the face. That's hockey and it was us that didn't stick up for ourselves. The hard nosed hockey we saw in the finals was not what bothers me.

What I can't handle is the kids mentality. He thinks its ok to throw dirt hit after dirty hit(salo). The guy is a downright dirty every once in a while and won't admit what he did was dirty. He's another Matt Cooke that is going to end a few careers by the time he's done.

Kelly on the other hand is exactly what we need. Boston knows how to field offers and maximize return on any trade they make though. They'd be demanding something like gaunce and bieksa and I'm not cool with that.

Umm I'm pretty sure the first line of my post said that Marchand was impossible because of his cap hit.

I then described a potential 22 man roster with the currently contracted players and Kelly. This would include young guys like Tanev, Corrado, Kassian, and Weber for 2013-14. The Canucks could just squeak in with a Tanev resigning, adding Kelly's cap hit, and one more depth signing at around the league minimum (bringing the roster to 22 players).

Anyway, this is a thread about Marchand and Kelly. I could probably name twenty players on cheap contracts with other clubs that would look great on the Canucks roster. However, that wouldn't really be on topic here.

Also, in a cap reduction year, players capable of filling regular roster spots at below the league average are not the guys you see coming available for trade. Most of these guys (if they're any good) are either untouchables are would require an overpayment of significant assets.

That's why a guy like Kelly might be available for a only a draft pick. His cap hit would be difficult but possible to incorporate into the Canucks roster without making other changes and he would almost certainly be a better option for the #3C slot (at least for 2013-14) than anyone the Canucks have currently (either signed for this season or in the prospect pool).

He'd also create an excellent bridge through 2013-14 and 2014-15 season (when his deal expires), allowing the Canucks to bring Gaunce and Horvat along at a reasonable pace (and bringing them both to an AHL eligible age before bringing them into the pro ranks full-time).

Anyway, I was just discussing the possibility of adding Chris Kelly--which is what one does in a thread like this, isn't it?

Could be an interesting development, but i m more excited to see how some of our own prospects perform during preseason. it would be awesome to see our own prospects in the lineup. also being so tight to the cap, MG may have no choice but to depend on a couple of them.

Could be an interesting development, but i m more excited to see how some of our own prospects perform during preseason. it would be awesome to see our own prospects in the lineup. also being so tight to the cap, MG may have no choice but to depend on a couple of them.

Don't you EVER compare Marchand to Burrows! Seriously, Burrows is classier than that rat. Has Alex ever done anything suspension worthy, zero. While Brad have a few suspensions on his record!

I hate Marchand and would never have him anywhere near this team!

Don't you EVER compare Marchand to Burrows! Seriously, Burrows is classier than that rat. Has Alex ever done anything suspension worthy, zero. While Brad have a few suspensions on his record!

I hate Marchand and would never have him anywhere near this team!

Archived