The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can any of our young guns bump someone from the current roster?

Noseforthenet

1. Kesler is our second line centre. He is NOT going to play wing in favor of some rookies. Also Kassian isn't a centre

2. Booth is the crash the net type of player and is a HORRIBLE match with the Sedins' style. He was brought to Vancouver to play with kesler.

shredder is a pure centre ice guy, richardson and santorelli have both played very well on the wing in the past and i could see them being more versitle in that they are much more comfortable on the wing. Anyone know if gaunce has ever skated much as a winger, just curious?

Yea he'll most likely be going back to junior, but I wouldn't be shocked if he made it. They'll have to make the determination if he's close enough that he can learn on the fly, or if going back to junior and dominating would be better.

I basically see him as a young Kesler with more offensive upside then Kesler had at his age. Kesler got his start as a fourth liner when he was 21. Gaunce will be turning 20 this season.

Either way he'll be playing in the world juniors though.

awesome news, thanks for that. seems the 3c spot really is shredders to lose as he dosn't really have anywhere else to play right now. going to be some really tough discisons to be made at the end of camp this year. also soooooo stoked for the world juniors this year as that is such a great development tourny for the kids

If we'd moved Booth (or any other top 6 winger) then I could see him slotting in there as probably our best up and coming playmaker, but without a spot we'll have to see how well he comes back from his earlier shoulder surgery before we give him the 3C spot.

crystal ball:

shinkaruk- will get another year in the dub (hopefully win scoring title) then a year in utica with a couple callups sprinkled in and then a serious shot at making the team full time in 2015-16

gaunce- will get a serious look and a couple early season games this year before being sent back to junior, will spend most of 2014-15 on the big club

horvat- same route as shinkaruk

schroeder- either gonna blow up and staple himself in the top 9 or be traded by the end of this year

jensen- think he will make strides this year, has some bright moments with the canucks . and really starts to be a top contributor in the A

Uhhh I says pardon..?

How can you put Schroeder in 3C instead of Richardson??? That my good sir, does not make sense...

Sedin Sedin Booth (If he can perform like he's expected)

______ Kesler Burrows

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Sestito Santorelli Kassian

is a much better looking line up. The issue is, who's going to be 2nd line centre.

I think that is a spot Shinkaruk/Horvat/Jensen/Kassian will be fighting for, Possibly Higgins.

Sedins-Burrows is over. Kassian showed chemistry and the ability to produce with them last year (in that brief stint). Burrows and Kesler played well together in those last games in the playoffs (were energetic and "game-changing"), and with the "right" left-winger (ie. Booth (got to let him play with his contract)), the team will have 2 dangerously offensive lines.

I think Gaunce and Schroeder have the inside track for the 3C job. Richardson will be 4C and Santorelli will be top-AHL/NHL plug (ala Ebbett). Gaunce may have another year to go, and since Schroeder had a good couple of games with Higgins and Hansen on his wings, he will win the job.

So, Gaunce will play in the O again this year, Shinkaruk in the W, Horvat: O, and Jensen could have an NHL spot (but I would want him to have another AHL year to get better acquainted to the N.A. game)

So Schroeder will probably be the only "prospect" to play this year, and next year will be interesting, as I see all of them being ready be then (maybe 2 years for Shinkaruk and Horvat, but both seem ready)

Archived