The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HHoF inductions

@SNHockeyCentral: Five HHOF inductees this year. The first is Chris Chelios.

@SNHockeyCentral: Second player inducted is defenceman Scott Niedermayer.

@SNHockeyCentral: Brendan Shanahan is the third player inducted this year.

@SNHockeyCentral: Geraldine Heaney becomes the third woman to make the HHOF. The late Fred Shero inducted in builder category.

The problem with that is there is no defined criteria to get into the HHOF. So saying he had a poor off-ice attitude doesn't matter to me if i'm voting as I think the criteria should be strictly realted to on-ice performance.

Cut

You could also apply the Bobby Orr argument to him. Lindros was the most dominant player in the league for a window of time but had his career cut short due to injuries. So what do you use? Totals? Averages? Influence on the game? Etc, etc. It's the nerver ending debate... much like why isn't Pete Rose in the baseball HOF when he statisically deserves to be there as a player?

Congrats to all

Especially Geraldine Heaney - she laid the foundation for our Women's National Team. She was one of the players who was on the team when the sport first started appearing on the international stage. There wasn't much attention on the players at that time, so it's great that she gets her moment in the spotlight now.

Archived