7. Malkin Cookies

8. One one two

9. JE14

10. Peaches

11. RussianRocket

12. Snozberries

13. Alchemy Time

I hope I get a legit role next round, instead of just a boring TP

At least by my death I had 3/4 mafia figured out. Too bad I was dead. One One Two, I commend you. I never suspected you were mafia.

Hey Apples, why'd you defend Peaches in the first round? Him being voted off would have helped the mafia.

1. Gally

2. Apples

3. Crom!

4. mau5trap

5. Intoewsables

6. Where's Wellwood

7. Malkin Cookies

8. One one two

9. JE14

10. Peaches

11. RussianRocket

12. Snozberries

13. Alchemy Time

At least by my death I had 3/4 mafia figured out. Too bad I was dead. One One Two, I commend you. I never suspected you were mafia.

Hey Apples, why'd you defend Peaches in the first round? Him being voted off would have helped the mafia.

1. Gally

2. Apples

3. Crom!

4. mau5trap

5. Intoewsables

6. Where's Wellwood

7. Malkin Cookies

8. One one two

9. JE14

10. Peaches

11. RussianRocket

12. Snozberries

13. Alchemy Time

Too bad I tend to post a lot in threads that I'm interested in. Had I not posted as much, I wouldn't have drawn as much suspicion to myself. I also sounded really desperate when I was in a close race with Crom!, which also lead to a lot more votes against me.

It was too late by the time you found out. We all voted in the last second knowing we could have the majority votes, but at the same time revealing our roles. Thank Goodness RussianRocket wasn't saved.

He defended Peaches, and used the fruit excuse to make himself seem less obvious.

I liked your ability to rationally think things through, I hope we get to work together (in whatever role) next game. If you were the vig, game would have been much, much different. Btw, how were you certain you could trust these certain people in your "alliance"?

/topic/315737-mafia-the-game-vinculis-genere/">http://forum.canucks...inculis-genere/

The Mafia: The Mafia collaborate via PM/MSN/e-mail/whatever-means-they-choose and decide on one player they would like to murder for that round. The Mafia may delegate a spokesperson for the whole Game in which they are responsible for sending in the target. Said group of mafia or spokesperson must PM me their target before the Nightfall deadline.

Limitations: If the Doctor or the Medic Kit is "protecting" the Mafia's target for the round, then the Mafia will have missed their target.

-----

The Kingpin: The Kingpin has the ability to investigate players to see if they were given a role for the current game once every two rounds (Rounds 1, 3, 5, etc.). The Kingpin will also show up as not being affiliated with the Mafia through a Sheriff investigation.

Limitations: The Kingpin will not be given the ability to kill. This means that once the rest of the Mafia is eliminated and the Kingpin is left over, he will not be able to submit a kill on behalf of the Mafia.

Investigations will return as "Special" or "Not Special." This means that the Kingpin will not be able to fully find a specific role such that "This player is the Vigilante," but only "This player was given a Special role."

-----

The Vigilante: The Vigilante has the ability to pick one name to murder each round -- much like the Mafia. However, the Vigilante will be attempting to murder all of the mafia.

Limitations: Like the Mafia, if the Vigilante's target is protected by the Doctor or the Medic Kit, the attempted murder will be missed.

-----

The Serial Killer: The Serial Killer has the choice of picking one name to murder -- much like both the Mafia and the Vigilante. However, the Serial Killer will be attempting to murder everyone.

Limitations: Like all the "attack" roles, if the target of the Serial Killer is protected by the Doctor or the Medic Kit for that round, the attempted murder will be missed. The Serial Killer is not sided with anyone, so they will need to do everything possible and work with what they have to win the game.

-----

The Sheriff: The Sheriff has the choice of investigating any one player in the game. This means that he/she can PM me the name of one other player in the game and I'll tell them whether or not that player is affiliated with the Mafia.

Limitations: The results returned to the Sheriff is either "Affiliated to the Mafia" or "Not affiliated to the Mafia." This means that if they find a player who was given the Serial Killer role, it would be listed as "Not affiliated to the Mafia." Trust with caution.

-----

The Doctor: The Doctor has the ability to save one other player for a round. The Doctor can choose to save themselves, in case they believe that they are the target of either the Mafia, the Vigilante or the Serial Killer. A save will last the whole Round, so if by chance, the target was the victim of multiple attacks, the target will be saved. However, the save does not protect players from victim of the Twinblade.

Limitations: The Doctor will not know who the Mafia, Vigilante or Serial Killer have attempted to murder, so they are practically taking a shot in the dark. Although the Doctor is given the ability to save themselves, they are only limited to this option for twice per game.

-----

The Lackey: Also known as the Roleblocker, the Lackey chooses one player each round to "block" them from performing his or her action. The target's action will not be performed - that is, the Roleblocker blocks the target's role from working for that round.

Limitations: Typically, the Roleblocker only stops things the target tries to actively perform (such as investigations by the Sheriff/Kingpin, etc.). Simply, if a player has to submit an action to the moderator, the Lackey can block it. The Lackey will not be able to block actions that target themselves (Sheriff investigations, kill, Med kit throws, etc. Much like the Kingpin, the Lackey shows up as a Townie but is aligned with the Mafia (thus, wins with the Mafia) and has no ability to kill. The Lackey will not be able to block the same person/organization (a la Mafia group) on two consecutive nightfalls.

The Lackey and Mafia will not know who each other are, which means yes, the Lackey will be able to prevent a Kingpin investigation (if they submit it early enough) or a Mafia collective kill.

-----

The Twinblade: The Twinblade is probably the most controversial role in the game of Mafia. He will be have the ability of the Vigilante, Serial Killer, or the Mafioso -- the ability to kill -- at the cost of his/her own life. Using this ability wisely can not only ensure a Townspeople victory, but the one wielding the power can also be hailed a hero. Doctor saves have no affect on the Twinblade's target.

Limitations: Using this ability poorly, though, could cost the Townspeople the game. Once the Twinblade uses their ability, they will be out of the game (since they're... dead).

-----

The Medic Kit: The Medic Kit is an inanimate, moveable object in the game. When the game is started, the Kit will be tossed to a random player. This player will need to toss the Kit to someone else in the game for the new Round. Two names will need to given to the GM of the game by the end of the Round and one of those names given will be taken at random. That player will have the Kit for the new Round AFTER Nightfall.

For example:

Player A starts off the with Medic Kit in Round 1. He gives two names to the GM (Player B and Player C), and a name is taken by random (B was chosen). B will be given the Kit for Round 2 and is NOT protected during the Nightfall of Round 1 (A is). Instead, B will be protected during the Nightfall between Rounds 2 and 3.

Limitations: The Kit must travel to TWO other players before it can go back to the original player of the "chain." A player is not allowed to "keep" the Kit for the round (aka not tossing the Kit.)

Player A -> Player B -> Player C -> Player A

NOT

Player A -> Player B -> Player A

If the Kingpin investigates a player holding the Medic Kit, they will be shown as Special. If, by chance, one of the targets was killed off by the Mafia/Serial Killer/Vigilante/Lynch (aka Player A), the other player (Player cool.gif will automatically receive the Kit. If, by chance, both of the targets were killed off before the Kit could be passed, the Kit will be taken out of the game.

If the person with the Medic Kit chooses a player that is still suffering from the "cooldown" of the Kit as one of the two names, the other player will receive the Kit automatically.

If the person with the Medic Kit is lynched, the Medic Kit will be taken out of the game.

I think only once did he ever put all of these roles into one game but that's because there was at least twenty-five signed up. Also, not sure if it's in there, but sometimes he made two Mafia teams.

Archived