The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins re-sign Tuukka Rask

I gotta laugh at people saying Lou's contract is better.. There is a reason no one wanted Lou and that's his contract. Doesn't his cap hit still count against the Canucks if be retires before contract is up?? Rask played very well in these playoffs and is just entering his prime. He's worth the money.. It's a little much but u can't win with a crap goalie so u gotta lock em up when u get a great one.

I gotta laugh at people saying Lou's contract is better.. There is a reason no one wanted Lou and that's his contract. Doesn't his cap hit still count against the Canucks if be retires before contract is up?? Rask played very well in these playoffs and is just entering his prime. He's worth the money.. It's a little much but u can't win with a crap goalie so u gotta lock em up when u get a great one.

You should read my post just two above yours.

And with the cap recapture penalty, that would actually benefit a number of the cap floor teams. It's not nearly as onerous as people are making it out to be.

The term is longer than he'll be useful, I agree with that, but that's the same for a lot of back diving contracts and I don't see people using that as a reason to stop suggesting we trade for Weber or Zetterburg. His cap hit is good for his value over the next 2-3 years at least, and when he retires the cap recapture penalty would have been around $1-1.5M for any team that traded for him.

And with the cap recapture penalty, that would actually benefit a number of the cap floor teams. It's not nearly as onerous as people are making it out to be.

The term is longer than he'll be useful, I agree with that, but that's the same for a lot of back diving contracts and I don't see people using that as a reason to stop suggesting we trade for Weber or Zetterburg. His cap hit is good for his value over the next 2-3 years at least, and when he retires the cap recapture penalty would have been around $1-1.5M for any team that traded for him.

Archived