The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) - VAN><BUF

Hey guys,

I'm more of a post reader then writer and don't post often as you can probably tell by my 'hurting' post totals, but I figure there is no time like the present to start.

Although I strongly believe Luongo will be in a Canucks uniform come the start of the season, I also believe that the tension between management and Luongo is at an all-time high.(How can it not be!) A poorly managed situation to say the least, so if, and this is a big IF, Luongo doesn't want to play here and Mike Gillis' lowly hand is forced, I believe the below to be the best situation for both parties. (Assuming NMC and NTC's are waived)

Salaries as per Cap Geek.

To Van:

Tyler Myers- $5.5mil/6 years

Ryan Miller- $6.25mil/1 year

Marcus Foligno- $900,000/1 year

2nd round pick in 2014

To Buf:

Nicklas Jensen- $863,333/3 Years

Jordan Schroeder- $1.025mil (RFA)

Chris Tanev- ? (Im assuming he won't take less then $1.5 mil per year, that being the minimum)

Kevin Bieksa- $4.6mil/3 Years

Roberto Luongo- $5.33mil/9 years

Conditional 1st round pick in 2016 (Condition is Miller Re-signing)

So although our cap hit stays roughly the same, we do save a little (Barring Tanev signing for more money then 1.5mil) we give Luongo a new home and get two all-star players in return as well as a big strong talented player in foligno. You could also slot Edler in instead of Bieksa and Tanev, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

This was just a thought, like I said before, I fully expect Luongo to be in a Canucks uniform come next season and who knows if Buffalo would actually do this. Please post below with any arguments, minor or major changes, and for some of you, Troll on.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

Thanks.

an "elite" goalie with the worst contract in the nhl which can badly handcuff a team. you have to give up assets to get rid of a cancerous contract like that, son. i would take out bieksa and then it's fair. tanev isn't a top 4 defenceman

Archived