The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC lineup poll- voting on 1st line RW

Langdon Algur

CDC Line up poll  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so coach Torts just sent me a message asking me to help him select the opening night lineup by creating a poll on CDC. Ok not really, but in a slight deviation from the top 30 style polls I thought it would be interesting to do a series of polls to see which Canucks players people on here want to see play where in the line. Given that the Sedins are pretty much a lock to play together again on the 1st line I thought I'd skip the starting LW and C and go right who CDC think should get the coveted RW spot beside the twins. Once this poll is done (I'm predicting a pretty conclusive result here) we will move on to the second line LW spot, if you would like to see a player include in the 2nd LW poll please nominate him.

Line up so far

Sedin-Sedin- ???

I voted Burrows. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I believe that Burrows and the Sedins are the top line in the league over last 4 years for points and for plus/minus. (I heard a talking head make this claim during the past season. Even if it is no longer true, it is close.)

Don't know why so many people think Kassian. It was pretty obvious last season that he doesn't have the speed Burrows has for puck retrieval, and the Sedins need a guy like that to be effective. Someone like Hansen or possibly Higgins would be best or a if only a young speedster like Hunter although it is a sure bet he is a long ways off.

The Burrows chemistry works but I would love to see Higgins Kesler Burrows together next year. And I would like to see Booth and Kassin as wings on the third line. I guess that leaves Hansen, and he can do a pretty good job although I', sure it will be Burrows to start the season.

Kassian. He gives them more room to work around the net. Sedin - Sedin - Burros is a very easy line to shut down in the playoffs against good physical defensemen. Once Kassian develops some chemstry with the Sedins and improves his defense a bit more he'll give us some solid production. The Sedins point totals may take a hit in the regular season only because they are used to easy tap in goals with Burrows against weak opponents. Come playoffs it will be a different story.

Don't know why so many people think Kassian. It was pretty obvious last season that he doesn't have the speed Burrows has for puck retrieval, and the Sedins need a guy like that to be effective. Someone like Hansen or possibly Higgins would be best or a if only a young speedster like Hunter although it is a sure bet he is a long ways off.

The Burrows chemistry works but I would love to see Higgins Kesler Burrows together next year. And I would like to see Booth and Kassin as wings on the third line. I guess that leaves Hansen, and he can do a pretty good job although I', sure it will be Burrows to start the season.

Archived