The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joacim Eriksson | G

avelanch

Are you kidding me? Luongo WAS NEVER a game stealer? You should watch Luongo when he first came to Vancouver. If that's not game stealing, I don't know what is.

However, after his groin injury in PIT, he was not as dominant before. But Luongo still stole a few games for us this year. One I remembered clearly is the home game vs Boston this year.

dont mind him sestito is one of cdcs worst.

• 3 weeks later...
Utica Comets@UticaComets

Eriksson debuted his new "Dawn of the #Comets" mask last week. Learn more about it in this week's CometsTV. CometsTV: http://www.uticacomets.com/?p=2605

eriksson.jpg

LAM_1381.jpg

LAM_1380.jpg

For a professional goalie, the mask serves as a representation of who they are as an individual and a hockey player. Mask designs range from personal experiences to interesting artwork, uniquely designed by the goalie himself. For Comets goaltender Joacim Eriksson, getting a new mask this past week was the much-anticipated finished product after much hard work and planning.

Returning to Swedish artist David Gunnarsson, Eriksson’s new mask is a huge step above his last one, in terms of both color and design. “This mask is more of my design,” Eriksson explained. “Me and Nick Jensen designed it together. We have a big dragon on the top, with a warrior, and huge dragon wings on the side. On the back, I have the Comets logo with the Swedish flag, showing where I came from.” Eriksson worked with the color scheme of blue and green, sticking true to the Canucks and Comets brand.

When asked if he was excited to use the mask in his upcoming games, Eriksson explained, “I always like when I get a new mask. It’s always fun to see and design it.” The Comets starting goaltender said that initially, he had no idea what he wanted, but after collaborating with Jensen and thinking of a cool concept, he was very happy with the finished product. This will serve as Eriksson’s starting mask, while his old design will be his backup. Goalies typically receive a new mask every year, but because of the intense planning that goes along with mask artwork, Eriksson will have to begin designing his next one as soon as summer hits.

On David Gunnarsson’s Instagram, he explained that it was a pleasure to work with Eriksson, and that he was pleased with how the design came out as a finished product. He went into detail describing the intricacies of the mask, staying, “The Vancouver green dragon is spitting fire in green and blue…this design is a continuation of Eriksson’s dragon mark when he played in Leksand many years ago. The dragon slayer [on top] is trying to tame the dragon…if possible. Behind him the sky is fulled with green comets. Thanks Joacim, I am so proud to be your painter and evolve your mask art from mask to mask.”

Errikson is playing lights out in Utica,,and Markstrom is just handed the backup job..could be another goalie feud, 3 Swedes, 2 positions.

Yeah, I'm not sure what would be better, bringing Eriksson up because he's earned it over Markstrom, or leaving him down to give Utica their best shot at making the playoffs. In some ways I think the latter is better, but it's hard to say. Sounds like Torts wants Markstrom to have a lot of time with Melanson, and maybe rework his style a bit. Maybe that's best done if he's a backup with the big club.

Yeah, I'm not sure what would be better, bringing Eriksson up because he's earned it over Markstrom, or leaving him down to give Utica their best shot at making the playoffs. In some ways I think the latter is better, but it's hard to say. Sounds like Torts wants Markstrom to have a lot of time with Melanson, and maybe rework his style a bit. Maybe that's best done if he's a backup with the big club.

it would be pretty tough to work with a guy on the other side of the continent :P I'd rather have Markstrom in Van only cause he has paid his NA dues compared to Eriksson. Plus Joac is Utica's guy. Him and Jensen have sort of picked up the reigns so to speak. Those two are crucial to the playoff push for the Comets.

• 6 months later...

Sucks for Cannata as the most likely scenario is him going to the ECHL. Eriksson is first callup duty for our goaltenders so I think he stays put. Not gonna call up markstrom as both are pretty much equal but the latter has a chance of being claimed.

re-entry waivers are gone. Don't think there's any problem to recall Eriksson or Markstrom (since Markstrom passed through waivers already).

Archived