The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Latest StraightJAB - Lou vs Gillis (UNDERHANDED)

OFFSIDEsports

This is fairly accurate.

Luongo has only 1 out, to not play. If he want's to collect his salary he will play, Gillis won't and can't trade him. If he doesn't want to play, he refuses to report and is subsequently suspended (cap hit is negated for the duration of his suspension).

If this happens, I foresee Gillis signing Bryzgalov to a 1 or 2 year deal at minimal cap hit, say 2.500/season.

Gillis holds all the leverage here, Luongo while as good as he is isn't getting younger and that contract is what it is.

If things go down this path and Bryzgalov turns out to be the Bryzgalov of Phoenix, I think you see Luongo bought out using the last compliance buyout available to the Canucks.

This is fairly accurate.

Luongo has only 1 out, to not play. If he want's to collect his salary he will play, Gillis won't and can't trade him. If he doesn't want to play, he refuses to report and is subsequently suspended (cap hit is negated for the duration of his suspension).

If this happens, I foresee Gillis signing Bryzgalov to a 1 or 2 year deal at minimal cap hit, say 2.500/season.

Gillis holds all the leverage here, Luongo while as good as he is isn't getting younger and that contract is what it is.

If things go down this path and Bryzgalov turns out to be the Bryzgalov of Phoenix, I think you see Luongo bought out using the last compliance buyout available to the Canucks.

Lu has more than one option and i'm not surprised most of CDC hasn't considered it. Anyone ever thought about Lu talking directly to Francesco and requesting a buyout?

What owner is going to keep a guy who tells him, I'm not happy here, in not happy in this situation and this is going to affect my performance. At the very least Francesco would likely instruct gillis to put him on waivers.

Owners usually want to win and if they know that they aren't going to get the best from a player they will cut ties with him.

Lu has more than one option and i'm not surprised most of CDC hasn't considered it. Anyone ever thought about Lu talking directly to Francesco and requesting a buyout?

What owner is going to keep a guy who tells him, I'm not happy here, in not happy in this situation and this is going to affect my performance. At the very least Francesco would likely instruct gillis to put him on waivers.

Owners usually want to win and if they know that they aren't going to get the best from a player they will cut ties with him.

Nothing but conjecture and speculation here, brought on by a media horde that wants to stir the pot to keep a story brewing.

Who ever saw Luongo's hand shaking when he signed the contract that he now says, "sucks." At the time of his signing, he was on top of the world and that cannot be denied or he would not have signed the damn thing. None of us know what Lou is thinking or what the team owner, Gillis or the coach have said to him. All we have heard is what the media and some hockey analysts have subjected us to in this media circus. . They certainly have no clue what is going on either. THEY ARE SIMPLY OPINIONS THAT hAVE SPURRED ON A LOT OF HOCUS POCUS.

Hey, the cartoon is great and well thought out. I chuckled when I saw it as well. However there are many who far to often take media drivel to heart and cannot differentiate BS from what will in all likelihood turn out to be the entire opposite of what is now being fed to us as the only true outcome.

IMVHO, I believe Luongo will demonstrate the true professional he really is and play for Vancouver to the best of his ability. He will also set aside any interfering issues many have erroneously speculated he has succumbed to as a result of the situation. It is also my opinion that our illustrious past coach was responsible for the entire goaltender mess. Vigneault obviously knew his job was in a tenuous situation if the team did poorly and made poor decisions in the use of his goaltenders. Vigneault must shoulder the responsibility of the goalie mess as he was running the team. GM's prefer to segregate themselves from the coaching aspects and allow their coaches to make such decisions. Some may disagree but GM interference in the coaching facet of the team is frowned on by all coaches.

The cartoon says it all. Gillis holds all the money and cards in this case. Luongo knows that and will return to the team lending his full support. He knows what the ramifications will be should his choice be otherwise and his ego, want to win or his love for the game will not allow that to happen.

Having said that, Lou will receive a thunderous ovation from fans at our next home game which will solidify in him, his decision to stay in Vancouver. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.........................

The cartoon says it all. Gillis holds all the money and cards in this case. Luongo knows that and will return to the team lending his full support. He knows what the ramifications will be should his choice be otherwise and his ego, want to win or his love for the game will not allow that to happen.

Archived