The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Relationship thread.

avelanch

I don't consider it to be something out of a fairy tale but the idea of fwb and sex without intimacy confuses me. As far as I'm concerned, it's mutual masturbation. That might be good enough for others but personally, I'd prefer emotional attachment along with it. It's not that hard to come by if everyone genuinely evaluated themselves by the expectations they impose on others and realized not having a Victoria's Secret Angel or Channing Tatum in bed isn't settling when you yourself is probably beta as fck but too scared to admit it.

I don't recall a single case where FWB didn't turn ugly from the people I know. One person develops emotions but is too scared to admit it or they try dating each other and crap hits the fan. A lot of retarded things are fun. Doesn't mean they are smart.

Quick question to some of you folks.... do you guys consider sex and virginity to be "sacred"?

I mean, I have friends reaching close to age 30 and they've never dated before or ever been laid.  Some of their excuses were, "I'm just waiting for the right/perfect girl to come along..... preferably someone smart, attractive, similar age and a virgin..." or they're super picky.

I'm just like...."Wtf?   :shock: "

no. Sex is just like any other thing. if you didn´t lose yet you will lose. and imagine that, you marry but don´t have any idea how´s the other person does "THE thing", imagine how terrible is discover that the love of your life sucks where he/she shouldn´t fail. so THAT´s why a "test drive" is needed before marry somebody...

doesn't mean you should drop trow and try to penetrate anything that looks at you.  there is an emotional component to sex that cannot be ignored.  the first time is special, yes, but I didn't wait until marriage, and I don't think that should be a requirement for anyone (outside of my daughter).  but you can't just treat it like just another "thing" like taking out the garbage, or dropping off the dry cleaning.

people care too much about virginity but they forget the rest. sex is just like any other thing humans do. it´s irrational, instinctive and many times dirty. but even being so natural and normal people hide it for some reason. why? because they´re ashamed of what they do where they shouldn´t. virginity was a holy grail when people cared about feelings and etc. but now with contraceptive methods and condoms virginity is like a blue monkey. you heard about it but if you find one you will be surprised...

I don't recall a single case where FWB didn't turn ugly from the people I know. One person develops emotions but is too scared to admit it or they try dating each other and crap hits the fan. A lot of retarded things are fun. Doesn't mean they are smart.

Archived