The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Please Don't let Horvat be the next Brule**

carlweezer

Guest Cuporbust2

Pierre turgon, Patrice Bergeron, Patrick Marleau

Wendell Clark , Jeff skinner , Ray Bourque, Tom barrasso, John Tavaras , Bobby Orr, Ryan nugent Hopkins, Taylor Hall, Drew Doughty, just to name a few

In fact , the guy people like to compare him to around here ( Jonathan toews) started early. He was even thrown into the fire of being a captain at a very young age (20 years old). Some guys thrive under that pressure and are ready for it at 18.

Think about it. Maybe Brule didn't suck because he started too early

I hope Horvat makes the team personally.

The Canucks current management have always been careful not to rush prospects. Plus we have a lot more vets who can play hockey so there will be no need to rely on a new draftee to play in a big role.

So you are comparing two players and the only thing that might be in common is they are both 18 years of age when they play in the nhl? Aren't there alot other players who have transitioned successfully?

No need to rush him @ all. Let him develop in the OHL for another season. He will be captian and play first line minutes. Will be great for his overall development. Will also be put in a more offensive role. Let Gaunce, Schroeder, Santorelli, Richardson battle it out for third and fourth line C IMO.

id rather him go back and dominate junior. work a little more on his offensive game, hell be the first line center in london next year, and will probably be named captin. would love to see him increase his production in points. cant wait to see what bo could do in a more offensive role next year with first line minutes. i dont think 70 - 80 points is completely out of the question for bo.

I'm so sick of people talking players getting rushed into the NHL and usiing Brule as the only example. Can someone please give me an example of another player whose carrer was ruined by being rushed into the NHL. I can think of a ton of players that did pretty damn well after playing in the NHl right away but Brule seems to be the only example people use of a player that was "rushed". It's getting old. Could it be that Brule just didn't have what it takes?

Gretzky

Hawerchuck

Crosby

Lemieux

Yzerman

Carson

Skinner

Bourque

Murphy

Orr

Barasso

...we can spout off names on either side of this argument all day long. How about we just let Horvat be Horvat and find his own development curve? Whether that's playing here next season or not.

Relax.

He'll be fine.

I doubt he will join the Canucks this year. If he does, great. I will not be disappointed if he doesn't make the team for a couple years.

People are just putting a microscope on this guy cause he was traded for Schneider, not his fault.

You can't look at what happened with other players as a reason for getting your pants in a twist. Sir Alex Ferguson used to say "If you are good enough, you are old enough"

Like many above say, you have to treat each individual according to their talents needs and maturity. On that note he seems a pretty mature guy to me..........as for his talent, we will soon find out.

Archived