The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis To Meet Lu Next Week

TheRussianRocket.

"Lou, I'm sorry that you were outplayed by another goaltender, making us rethink who we should go to in the future for our organization. I'm also really sorry that the contract that was constructed, together with your agent, made it next to impossible to move you."

In case you haven't noticed, players can walk out of his contract (ilya kovalchuk), and demand to be traded and will be listened to by their team (danny heatley, eric lindros and a bunch more). Because in this world star hockey players is a scarcity, so they do have privileges. I think it's your time to grow up.

"Lou, I'm sorry that you were outplayed by another goaltender, making us rethink who we should go to in the future for our organization. I'm also really sorry that the contract that was constructed, together with your agent, made it next to impossible to move you."

'Saving face' is an integral part in life.

I am pretty certain 'honor' and 'deal' and what Gillis has said before to Luo has created the position Luo finds himself in now.

The Concept of Face

The abstract concept of "face" can be described as a combination of social standing, reputation, influence, dignity, and honor. Causing someone to "lose face" lowers them in the eyes of their peers, while saving or "building face" raises their self worth.

Although in the West we tend to appreciate people who are "brutally honest" or who get to the point quickly, the opposite holds true in Asia. Important meetings are often preceded with hours of face building before getting down to business.

Easy to talk big online isn't it? You sound like one of those fruit wanks who can't seem to understand that there are actually ppl under those jerseys. Since Luongo hasn't said anything negative I would suggest you follow suit instead of being a gullible mark for the soap opera loving media.

'Saving face' is an integral part in life.

I am pretty certain 'honor' and 'deal' and what Gillis has said before to Luo has created the position Luo finds himself in now.

The Concept of Face

The abstract concept of "face" can be described as a combination of social standing, reputation, influence, dignity, and honor. Causing someone to "lose face" lowers them in the eyes of their peers, while saving or "building face" raises their self worth.

Although in the West we tend to appreciate people who are "brutally honest" or who get to the point quickly, the opposite holds true in Asia. Important meetings are often preceded with hours of face building before getting down to business.

You're aware that if Gillis just keeps his mouth shut after the Canucks lose game 5 to LA and attempts to trade him quietly theres a HUGE chance he gets traded, or if Gillis doesn't say over and over again that Schneider IS his #1 and Luongo WILL be traded in the coming year over and over, that Luongo gets traded.

All Gillis had to do is shut his mouth and he more than likely could have traded Luongo, instead every chance he got he said repeatedly Lou was gone Lou was done and that he was trying to trade Lou.

Talk about bottoming out ANY value such an all star calibre goaltender might have...

Ya Lou signed the contract Gillis offered him, ya it's huge in length but Luongo will suck it up and come to play because he's a competitive person and twice the man Gillis (screw you Mitchell Naslund Malhotra Morisson, Hodgson and Schneider) has been

Archived