The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis To Meet Lu Next Week

TheRussianRocket.

Love the bad-asses on this thread who are, in their own special little way, worried about Lou's delay over announcing his return by bad mouthing him.

If you don't think he's adding some suspense with that little half-smirk on his face over this situation you're a fool - and in light of the past year and a half he is fully entitled to.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there a few teams interested in Luongo last year who made some offers for a trade, but Gillis refused because they didn't offer what he considered to be enough? If that's the case, he is very much responsible for this whole mess. Any chance to get rid of Luongo should have been taken, even if there's practically nothing in return. Just getting someone to take on that monster contract is good enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there a few teams interested in Luongo last year who made some offers for a trade, but Gillis refused because they didn't offer what he considered to be enough? If that's the case, he is very much responsible for this whole mess. Any chance to get rid of Luongo should have been taken, even if there's practically nothing in return. Just getting someone to take on that monster contract is good enough.

Archived