The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prospects You are Most Excited About (pre '13-'14 season)

Psycho_Path

I'm excited about Tommerness! We have 5 (Gaunce, Mallet, Horvat, Schroeder and Cassels) two way centres + defensive centre Lain, so odd's are we'll have our 2 and 3C of the future. But Hank #2 is the only true puck rushing D in our system? I am praying we can add this skillset to our team. My apologies if I'm discounting McNally but I have not had as much chance to see any play. Curious any feedback in his regard?

In place of who? If there's injuries he'll get some time no doubt, but he'd have to outplay Corrado if there are very limited injuries, especially if we re-sign Alberts (which I think we should do considering our young 3 - Tanev/Corrado/Tommernes - aren't that style of player)

I'm excited for a lot of our prospects, but I guess the standout right now would be Schroeder. He doesn't get a lot of respect on this board, but I've got a feeling that this year he will turn some heads.

For long term, I can't wait for Shinkaurak. We haven't really had a pure offensive prospect like him in the pipeline for some time. TSN had a comparable of Parise, but even if he turned into a Pominville I would be ecstatic.

1. Jensen

2. Shinkaruk

3. Subban

4. Gaunce

5. Horvat

6. Lack

Only reason Gaunce/Horvat went late is cause I already know they'll be great players, as the others will too, but just excited to see how they play.

1. Mallet

I want to see if Mallet breaks out. He seemed to have all the confidence in the world in prospects camp and the skill to match. Could make MG look like a very smart man for using his 2012 2nd on him.

2. Tommernes

Seems like he's got some offense that I didn't know he had. He's definitely got size and defensive positioning on his side, and his skating is surprisingly good, but he looks to be smart about when to jump up. Could lead to some impressive numbers.

3. Cassels

I think this kid is massively underrated. Eager to see how his game develops now that he'll have a much larger role on the Generals.

4. Eriksson

Eager to see how he adapts to the smaller ice. He's proven he's already a damn good goalie in the SEL. If he can translate his game over quickly, he could displace Lack.

5. Lack

Want to see the guy bounce back from his injuries and get back to doing his Stork style kung fu.

Archived