The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RCMP officer shot at in Maple Ridge

Electro Rock

Two ‘suspicious’ men sought after running from bush, shooting at Ridge Meadows RCMP officer

RCMP are searching for two men after one of the suspects allegedly shot at a police officer in Maple Ridge early Saturday.

A Ridge Meadows RCMP officer was in the area of the 25800-block of Spilsbury Road at about 3:30 a.m. when the officer saw the two suspects “hiding in the bushes and acting suspicious,” according to a news release.

When the officer approached the pair, the suspects fled on foot. As they were fleeing, one of the suspects allegedly drew a gun and fired it towards the police officer, who was in his vehicle following the men.

The officer was not injured.

Mounties, along with a K-9 unit, searched the area after the incident but were unable to find the suspects.

The two men are described as dark skinned and were wearing dark-coloured hoodies, according to RCMP. It is believed they fled the area in a car, police said.

“This was an overt act of violence towards a uniformed police officer,” said Cpl. Alanna Dunlop in a statement.

RCMP are still investigating the incident with the help of forensics.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/news/vancouver/suspicious+sought+after+running+from+bush+shooting+Ridge/8657006/story.html?rel=838332

-----------------------------------------------------------

Something is a little funny about this story, the cop manages to spot some characters hiding in the bushes in fairly isolated wooded area in the dark, approaches them, and then gets shot at?

If I were the suspicious cynical type I'd almost say this was a business meeting or tax attempt gone sour.

While its possible that the officer did indeed randomly stumble apon, or was tipped off about, a bunch of grow rippers or whoever, in the dark at 3:30 AM wearing dark clothing in what Google Maps says is a fairly isolated country lane...

I think its more likely that this was a planned meeting that went bad.

Archived