The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] KHL teams interested in Jacob Markstrom

Google translation:

According to the sport experience is now interest in Markström one or more clubs in the KHL.

Markström itself is quiet about the situation.

- I do not comment. I do not know what will happen in the coming season. I have not talked anything with Florida, he says.

• But can you imagine playing in Russia?

- There is nothing I want to speculate in. I'm set to go back to the U.S. after the summer. It's my agent that takes care of everything, you get to talk to him.

http://gd.se/sport/1.6073481-markstrom-utan-nhl-kontrakt-khl-nasta-

OK now I have to question this.

Tallon in Florida is STILL apparently selling or shopping Clemmenson which means if Markstrom the still unproven wunderkid flees....

Could you imagine Florida coming to call for Luongo now because Markstrom leaves and there's nobody else to play for them?

How ever it shakes down, one KEY young 'tender is taken off-market. Result is domino-one key UFA gt will also go. About 3-5 eastern teams will probably encounter gt troubles by Nov/Dec, & there will be fewer solutions available.

Hopefully Gillis can get back a decent asset, after all this...

How ever it shakes down, one KEY young 'tender is taken off-market. Result is domino-one key UFA gt will also go. About 3-5 eastern teams will probably encounter gt troubles by Nov/Dec, & there will be fewer solutions available.

Hopefully Gillis can get back a decent asset, after all this...

That would be some strange brew if Markstrom bolted and Tallon decided Luo is their best option.

If a spot does open up in Florida, you'd have to wonder how enthused Luo would be to come back here.

Luo to Flo for Petro, 2nd.

Edler, Weise to Ottawa for Lehner and Cowan

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Brendan Gaunce ($1.057m) / David Steckel ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

.............................................Mike Santorelli ($0.550m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($2.000m)

Jared Cowen ($2.000m) / Alex Petrovic ($0.870m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.300m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

...........................................Yannick Weber ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS

Robin Lehner ($0.870m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,054,444; BONUSES: $247,500

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $5,493,056

Sign Steckel and Alberts.

Add a pair of hulking young blueliners and another quality young Swedish goaltender to the mix.

Full 25 man roster with 5.5 million on reserve to work with.

If he goes to the KHL i'd totally be okay with grabbing Bryz or Thomas and moving Luongo for stellar assets. We wouldnt be the weaker in bargaining anymore either. Bryz/Thomas and Lack/Eriksson backing up while grabbing one of Florida's top centre or D prospects and we have ourselves a sick young team. Petro, Howden, Huberdeau (we wish),Bjugstad (sp?), Kulikov, Gudbrandson.....just about any of those would make for a stacked Canucks future full of youth.

OK now I have to question this.

Tallon in Florida is STILL apparently selling or shopping Clemmenson which means if Markstrom the still unproven wunderkid flees....

Could you imagine Florida coming to call for Luongo now because Markstrom leaves and there's nobody else to play for them?

Archived