The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Oilers Interested in Dion Phaneuf

I think anyone expecting/hoping that Phaneuf will be moved from the Leafs are people that feed off of the usual TSN media spin hoping for yet another big story in the NHL, making a mountain out of a mole hill. Though Toronto does have a somewhat (fairly good) bright future on their D with Gardiner, Rielly and others in their system, moving Phaneuf at this point makes absolutely no sense for a team that's trying to win NOW. Phaneuf is such a valuable asset for Toronto and not enough people give him the credit that he deserves.

Edler >>>>>>>> Phaneuf any god damn day of the year. Similar qualities yes but Phaneuf is slower than Edler and is more of a liability than Edler. I'm an Edler fan and advocate and I know he had a crappy season last season but in terms of the actual player, Edler is miles beyond Phaneuf.

Indeed, miles beyond; Phaneuf is in Toronto and Edler is in Vancouver.

Phaneuf's hits are exactly what the Canucks needed against Boston, against L.A., and against San Jose.

We can see what one great hit can do to a series: Brown on Henrik.

Indeed, miles beyond; Phaneuf is in Toronto and Edler is in Vancouver.

Phaneuf's hits are exactly what the Canucks needed against Boston, against L.A., and against San Jose.

We can see what one great hit can do to a series: Brown on Henrik.

Eager for Phaneuf straight up, throw in the furniture Darcy Hordichuk left behind.

Edmonton is stuck with his brutal cap hit and a candidate for most over-rated pylon in the NHL.

Fair deal for both sides. Eager should fit in well in Toronto.

Archived