The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Loui Eriksson

I was really hoping to get him from Dallas, but of course he was just traded to Boston. Let's pretend it's later in the season and Boston is trying to unload him for whatever reason (poor performance?)..

To Boston -

Booth

Schroeder

1st round pick if we get to the 3rd round, 2nd otherwise.

To Vancouver -

Loui Eriksson

This was originally the proposal I thought up when he was with Dallas but I had Burrows instead of Booth.. and Boston wouldn't take Burrows. I like Booth and if he stays healthy he should have a good year, but I'd much rather Eriksson.

Projected lineup -

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Dale Weise ($0.750m) / Mike Santorelli ($0.550m) / Tom Sestito ($0.7500m)

Zack Kassian could swap with Higgins if need be.

Eriksson is worth Kesler +... I don't think Schroeder + a first would get him.. And do you really think they'd give up Seguin for Schroeder pretty much?

Because they traded Seguin to get him, so it would be like Seguin for Schroeder. Very bad deal

Eriksson is worth Kesler +... I don't think Schroeder + a first would get him.. And do you really think they'd give up Seguin for Schroeder pretty much?

Because they traded Seguin to get him, so it would be like Seguin for Schroeder. Very bad deal

I see where you're coming from. But they definitely lost the Bos-Dallas trade to begin with, let's not forget that. This is more dependant on Booth having a good year, + Schroeder, and Boston shopping Eriksson.

It's been done plenty of times before. A man can dream, can't he?

Prior to the lockout, Eriksson was averaging 25 goals a year playing on a team unwilling to spend much money. He is now entering his prime on a team with a lot of depth. I don't see him declining in production at all. He is one of the most underrated players in the league (although lately, he is probably most often mentioned as the most underrated player in the league, which makes me wonder if he is still underrated).

Hahah, okay I guess Schroeder still has to prove himself. Perhaps I still have too much hope in the kid. Either way, he doesn't fit into the Canucks future and needs to be shopped somewhere so I thought I'd include him in this one.

boston only made the trade not because tyler is not a good player... he is thats why boston got a good player back.. they traded him away because on bostons team he was their third line center about to make 6million on his contract.... a little insane to have a third center make that much if you ask me... and most of the time he actually played on the wing.... and yes he was known to party it up...it was a logical thing to do for boston. but they gave up on rich peverley... this guy was so key for them... a very good underrated player in my mind.

It's not just Schroeder and a first though, there's Booth as well. Boston likes the power forwards, and if Booth can put up respectable numbers on our 2nd line until the trade deadline, I think it'd be worth starting negotiations on. Buuuut this is why I'm an "armchair GM" and not an NHL GM :P

Archived