The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ramadan Thread

Watermelon

Lived with many Muslims and I can assure they are very nice people :)

it´s their culture and somethings I agree with them. at least they don´t try convert you at all day like many Christians.

yesterday at 8AM a Mormon knocked at my mom´s house and I was there, the guy from Utah tried to convince my mom to follow his religion. My mom was confused because his portuguese was weak.

them she called me to talk with "the gringo", I put my Canucks jersey and "talked" with him, in english...

nothing better than my wallet with the coat of arms of the Brazilian Air Force and the question "let me check your VISA status please" to tell Mormoms to find another place to disturb...

Muslims don´t knock your door at sunday to try convince you to follow his religion. if you want be a Muslim go to a temple and find what you want :)

ok. they REALLY love soccer, after Alah of course, Muslins seems love soccer, especially Barcelona FC, Manchester United and any team from Spain,France,Germany,England. geee!

I told to a friend from Saudi Arabia that he will marry wearing a Barcelona FC jersey...

Many Muslims also do missionary work: just like Christians. Why do you think so much of Southeast Asia is Muslim?

Many Muslims also do missionary work: just like Christians. Why do you think so much of Southeast Asia is Muslim?

well. I personaly never had problems with Muslims. they´re pretty concerned about "don´t push harder to convert you". sure they have a diferent way to think and I agree with them about many things...

I also agree with Jewish people about many things and I´m open minded to other religions as well...

people see Muslims as "bad guys" because a very small percentage of them goes nut and bomb things...

but in fact just because some of them are extreme it doesn´t mean all muslims are terrorists. many Christians are pretty anoying considering that Jesus is the only answer when he´s (Jesus) isn´t the only answer...

have people noticed that those nuts shooting people on schools in USA were Christians?

so we should be afraid of a Christian on a school because he/she might have a gun?

OR should we start put the religion out and face that a nut person is a nut person with or without the religion?

Actually I found pretty nice live with a Muslim. they have an interesting way to see the world, their religion has a rich culture and their way how they deal with the family is curious.

see. according the Jewish and the Islam Jesus existed. BUT for Christians Jesus was THE Messiah. Muslims and Jewish people don´t think so. for them Jesus was an important guy but he wasn´t that super-hero...

I don´t have any problem with this. many religions agree that Jesus existed BUT to many religions Jesus wasn´t that important as Christians think. so what? the world is big. at that time people in China, America (continent), Africa etc didn´t have any single idea about Jesus.

but somehow Christians think that is correct. that a guy in middle east had lightspeed comunication capability to say to the entire world "hey I´m here saving your lifes." even in ancient Japan people somehow noticed that a guy 20000 miles away saved the world for the next 10.000 years?

wouldn´t be much more reasonable understand that religion and science can walk together?

Nope you dont eat anything at all. Yesterday you stopped eating at about 3.27 and then had to fast(not eating,drinking anything) and then eat at around 9.15

Part of fasting is to show Muslims how hard life is for people in poverty who cant afford food and have to go sometimes days with out anything to eat or drink. There are other parts like getting closer to god and becoming a better human

I was gonna come here and right some thing about what i think but then i didnt know this reason for fasting thats pretty beautiful tbh :)

Glad i read that

Muslims don´t knock your door at sunday to try convince you to follow his religion. if you want be a Muslim go to a temple and find what you want :)

I don't fault people for doing this actually. I'm not Mormon or JW, but I understand why it's such an importance for them.

To their beliefs, they have found something so life changing, something like a cure to cancer.

Wouldn't you want to tell people that?

Also, my church has started the 30 days of prayer for our Muslim brothers and sisters. We hand these out to our Children's, Youth, and Adults ministries: http://worldchristian.com/productdetails.php?product_id=36631

I was gonna come here and right some thing about what i think but then i didnt know this reason for fasting thats pretty beautiful tbh :)

Glad i read that

Islam is a beautiful religion in itself, the media brainwashed people into thinking these horrible things that just aren't true.

Overall between sun up and sundown during the period there is no eating, no drinking, no smoking (doesnt matter what you smoke) and no sexual relations. So eat a hearty breakfast before dawn and a big dinner after dusk and hopefully you wont work up too much of a thirst during the day.

Do diabetics and hypoglycemics have to go without their sugar?

I had a former roomate who became a devout muslim, and you have to respect the self-discipline in Ramadan. Especially this year, the days are sooooo long right now. While I was living with him, Ramadan was in the winter. It was still dark before work and dark by the time you got off, so you were just skipping lunch. This year you guys have a massive fast period.

Good for them if they think the self discipline is worth the self sacrifice in health. I don't get up until well after light, so it would be a bit of a problem for me.

During my time overseas I ended up in a mainly Islamic country during Ramadan and I was amazed at how dedicated they where. Even members of the local military and police force participated which I found absolutely extraordinary.

Best wishes to all who participate

Archived