The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your roster for Canada at the World Juniors?

With Steve Spott and his biased views out of the way, team Canada should improve greatly.

Barring another lockout( :blink:), Mackinnon and Drouin will be in the NHL. Gaunce, Laughton, Wilson and Monahan are the good bets to make their respective teams.

Rychel-Domi-Mantha

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Petan

Klimchuk-Lazar-Reinhart

Petan-Gauthier-McDavid

With Steve Spott and his biased views out of the way, team Canada should improve greatly.

Barring another lockout( :blink:), Mackinnon and Drouin will be in the NHL. Gaunce, Laughton, Wilson and Monahan are the good bets to make their respective teams.

Rychel-Domi-Mantha

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Petan

Klimchuk-Lazar-Reinhart

Petan-Gauthier-McDavid

U have too many petans

I'll play:

I'm assuming that MacKinnon, Drouin, Monahan, Laughton, and Rielly make their respective NHL teams.

Domi - Horvat - Reinhart (2-way workhorse line)

Shinkaruk - McDavid - Mantha (Pure offense-only situations)

Gaunce - Gauthier - Lazar (Shutdown line)

Rychel - Petan - Wilson (Physical, gritty, wear and tear line)

Hudon (Plays either wing, any role, lots of C depth so versatile winger is useful)

Reinhart - Pulock (Minute-munching pair who can move puck up the ice)

Pouliot - Dumba (Offensive pair)

Nurse - Severson (Agile, physical, shutdown pair)

Finn (Versatile workhorse who can play either side and both special teams)

Patterson (No idea who starts, but I believe Comrie will be the press-box goalie, at least to start)

Fucale

Comrie

Unlisted players who I think have a shot: Leipsic, Hodges, Klimchuk, Dauphin, Kosmachuk

Given the choice, what would your line-up be for Canada at the World Juniors?

---------------------

The players invited to the camp:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goalies: Eric Comrie, Zachary Fucale, Jake Paterson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defenseman: Mathew Dumba, Matt Finn, Dillon Heatherington, Darnell Nurse, Michael Matheson, Josh Morrissey, Adam Pelech, Derrick Pouliot, Ryan Pulock, Griffin Reinhart, Morgan Rielly, Damon Severson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORWARDS: Jonathan Drouin, Max Domi (C,L), Brendan Gaunce (C,L), Frédérik Gauthier (C,L), Félix Girard (C,R), Bo Horvat (C,L), Charles Hudon (C,L), Scott Laughton (C,L), Curtis Lazar (C,R), Anthony Mantha (RW, L), Connor McDavid (C,L), Nathan MacKinnon, Sean Monahan (C,L), Nic Petan (C,L), Émile Poirier (LW, L), Sam Reinhart (C,R), Ryan Rupert (C,L), Kerby Rychel (LW, L), Hunter Shinkaruk (C,L), Tom Wilson (RW, R).

I'm thinking Drouin, MacKinnon and Reinhart with be in the NHL, maybe Monahan.

Really not getting why people aren't choosing Hudon to make it, unless they think he'll be in the NHL. The guy made the team last year and looked great until he got injured, he was in the Canada-Russia series and in my opinion was the best player there. This is a weaker team than last year and I'm sure he's improved his game since making that team. I'd be willing to bet he's in the top 6 this year (again, unless he makes the NHL).

Another note, not sure if hockeydb is just getting lazy, but according to them 14 of the 18 forwards (not counting Drouin and MacKinnon) are natural centermen, and there are also 14 left handed forwards. This makes it very hard to predict the line-up, but here goes.

Domi-Monahan-Horvat

Hudon-Petan-Mantha (Mantha higher than he should be because he's a RW, could switch somebody out of position instead)

Gaunce-Lazar-Rychel

Shinkaruk-Laughton-Wilson

Reinhart, McDavid extras

Rielly-Dumba

Morrissey-Pulock

Nurse-Pouliot

Fucale

Comrie

Assuming Mackinnon, Drouin, Reinhart, Laughton and Rielly make it

Shinkaruk - Monohan - Mantha

Domi - Horvat - Rychel

Hudon - Gaunce - McDavid

Lazar - Gauthier - Wilson

Reinhart

Nurse - Pouliot

Morrissey - Pulock

Dumba - Finn

Matheson

Patterson

Fucale

Comrie

I'm thinking Drouin, MacKinnon and Reinhart with be in the NHL, maybe Monahan.

Really not getting why people aren't choosing Hudon to make it, unless they think he'll be in the NHL. The guy made the team last year and looked great until he got injured, he was in the Canada-Russia series and in my opinion was the best player there. This is a weaker team than last year and I'm sure he's improved his game since making that team. I'd be willing to bet he's in the top 6 this year (again, unless he makes the NHL).

Another note, not sure if hockeydb is just getting lazy, but according to them 14 of the 18 forwards (not counting Drouin and MacKinnon) are natural centermen, and there are also 14 left handed forwards. This makes it very hard to predict the line-up, but here goes.

Domi-Monahan-Horvat

Hudon-Petan-Mantha (Mantha higher than he should be because he's a RW, could switch somebody out of position instead)

Gaunce-Lazar-Rychel

Shinkaruk-Laughton-Wilson

Reinhart, McDavid extras

Rielly-Dumba

Morrissey-Pulock

Nurse-Pouliot

Fucale

Comrie

How can you not put Patterson there? How is McDavid and Reinhart not in the lineup? Those guys are future superstars, and great two way players.

How can you not put Patterson there? How is McDavid and Reinhart not in the lineup? Those guys are future superstars, and great two way players.

McDavid is 2 years from his draft year, it was considered a HUGE deal that MacKinnon and Drouin made it last year a year before being drafted, and they didn't get much of a chance to play because of it. It's not a knock on McDavid, it's judging by history. this is a tournament ruled by 19 year olds, McDavid will get his chance but probably not as a 16 year old. Reinhart is not the prospect that MacKinnon and Drouin are and will likely not get the chance they did.

As for Paterson I haven't really seen much from him so I'm relying mostly on statistics, where he is worse than the other two, hence him not making it.

McDavid is 2 years from his draft year, it was considered a HUGE deal that MacKinnon and Drouin made it last year a year before being drafted, and they didn't get much of a chance to play because of it. It's not a knock on McDavid, it's judging by history. this is a tournament ruled by 19 year olds, McDavid will get his chance but probably not as a 16 year old. Reinhart is not the prospect that MacKinnon and Drouin are and will likely not get the chance they did.

As for Paterson I haven't really seen much from him so I'm relying mostly on statistics, where he is worse than the other two, hence him not making it.

McDavid is not MacKinnon or Drouin he is being compared to Crosby. I'm not sure you know how good McDavid really is.

McDavid is not MacKinnon or Drouin he is being compared to Crosby. I'm not sure you know how good McDavid really is.

He's being called Crosby-lite. Actually saying they're equal is ridiculous.

I think he has a good chance of making it, especially if a bunch of players make the NHL. But he's far from a lock.

Canada's team is actually stacked if McKinnon, Drouin, and monahan make it but if they go straight to the NHL well expect the forward lines to be the following:

Domi, Horvat, Shinkaruk

Laughton, Monahan, Reinhart

Hudon, Mcdavid, Mantha

Rychel, Gaunce, Wilson

that 4th line is slick

Canada's team is actually stacked if McKinnon, Drouin, and monahan make it but if they go straight to the NHL well expect the forward lines to be the following:

Domi, Horvat, Shinkaruk

Laughton, Monahan, Reinhart

Hudon, Mcdavid, Mantha

Rychel, Gaunce, Wilson

No Lazar or Klimchuk? I'd say Reinhart or Domi have a good chance of making it. Monahan is a lock but CGY will probably allow him to participate.

Archived