The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

no lu = more goalie controversy

ocnucksfan

Though i think its highly unlikely that Lu wont be back and happy to play for the Canucks next year. if he does in fact hold out we have lack, cannata, and eriksson. obviously 2/3 will need to fill the starting and back up roles. Given the debateable talent levels between Lack and Eriksson, it's possible we could have the same issue as we did with Lu and Schneids. With one out playing the other and having to pull one and start the "back up" over whoever is considered the starter so on and so on.

Granted, I'm putting the cart befofe the horse here I'm just wondering, who do you think would be our proven starter with no Lu and do you think we might have a little back up goalie controversy brewing?

Unfortunately when two players competing for a job happen to be goal tenders there's automatically a controversy. Especially with the Vancouver media, they'll turn a damn breeze in to a hurricane.

That also leads to another question. Should Lu write off his contract, would you want to acquire another veteran goalie with our newly freed up cap space or bring up our current guys and spend that 5M somewhere else?

Boston made the big dance with Rask in his 2nd year. Not that our guys are the next Rask(u never know) but I still think it's worth a look spending that 5M on something other than goal tending.

Why does a players political stance have to come into play with any of this? I personally don't agree with a lot of the political views Thomas has expressed but he is a great goaltender and there is no reason not to cheer him on if he is in a Canucks uniform. I'm sure plenty of the guys on our current roster have political views that conflict with yours, yet you cheer for them. Thomas simply doesn't care what other people think about his politics and believes what he believes, and good for him for doing so.

I am as atheist as a person can get but I still want Booth to go score and will cheer him on while he wears our colours. Why? Because it doesn't matter what his personal beliefs are, this is hockey.

What?! Are you nuts? That'd be like the infamous signing of Messier - all over again! Not a chance in hell this would ever happen. Okay - maybe in hell. This market would never allow it. Ya gotta believe ownership & MG can't possibly be that disconnected to the dressing room or the fans of VanCity to support such an idea.

I agree with "GoLlions" on this. 'Turn-coat" Thomas...who bailed on his last team & wouldn't accept an invitation to shake the hand of the nice man @ the White House...is a head case & a "wing-nut". He should be black-balled from playin' in our city & probably anywhere else in the league. And - I won't be wishing him any luck in landing another gig. He had a HUGE bag of "luck" when he inexplicably avoided all of those slashing, cross-checking, roughing & embellishment/diving penalties in the 2011 SC-Final. His "lucky" bag was emptied long ago & Timmy's done nothin' of good character since to warrant it being filled again.

Let him rot OR he can attempt to ply his trade somewhere else - like in Russia. LOL. That'd be perfect!

Archived