The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Westboro Baptist Church's Plan To Picket Cory Monteith's Funeral Is Shameful

nuckin_futz

These people that we hate are so disgusting and disrespectful! Look how disrespectful and disgusting they are! Here's a link and video and a post about how disgusting and disrespectful they are! Come on click it! They are just so disgusting that we need to talk about them and give them free PR. Click it!

Actually, though, it brings attention to them that may help impede their progress. If people aren't aware, they can't intervene and intercept them. This way, they'll have to get by a whole bunch of people who actually have morals and brain cells who won't make it easy for the Westbozos to practice their idiocy.

Supposed to be...but at least some of us try...

Course, the following isn't to neighbourly:

As far as the Westpro - misguided fools using the Bible for their own vindictive needs...they need to READ it and understand what Jesus said...senseless waste of human life....

I think its better to not give them the attention they crave. They are like that kid screaming for attention. By giving the kid attention, he will probably continue to seek it. Everything the WBC does is a publicity stunt. If they no longer receive publicity, they might just give up or maybe pull off even more controversial stunts. Either way, I don't think its a good idea to give them what they want.

Sadly, by posting in this thread, I am just what the WBC wants.

Although I do not like them and am opposed to what they do I do not condone any act of stopping them from entering Canada unless it can be reasonably proven that they are entering for the express purpose of breaking the law. Protesting is not illegal. Freedom to protest should not be taken away because you do not like the message. Thats just censorship.

Although I do not like them and am opposed to what they do I do not condone any act of stopping them from entering Canada unless it can be reasonably proven that they are entering for the express purpose of breaking the law. Protesting is not illegal. Freedom to protest should not be taken away because you do not like the message. Thats just censorship.

Hate mongering is illegal.

It's called news. It's not always pretty.

You have the right to stick your head in the sand and ignore the unpleasant things people do. I am of the opinion most people choose to be informed about the world going on around them. I guess we disagree on that.

Actually, though, it brings attention to them that may help impede their progress. If people aren't aware, they can't intervene and intercept them. This way, they'll have to get by a whole bunch of people who actually have morals and brain cells who won't make it easy for the Westbozos to practice their idiocy.

These people that we hate are so disgusting and disrespectful! Look how disrespectful and disgusting they are! Here's a link and video and a post about how disgusting and disrespectful they are! Come on click it! They are just so disgusting that we need to talk about them and give them free PR. Click it!

Archived