The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Describe the Canucks' reputation; your assesment

Bite me Burr

we are a losing organization with a tradition of losing......... and are current players aside from a few seem to be a bunch of Dbags... when Mark Recchi came out after they had won the cup and said our team was the biggest group of cry babys yappy arrogant divers , with zero class and said in all his career hes never had an opponent hes had such little respect for as he did for the canucks by the end of the finals. none of that was mind games or lobbying the refs the playoffs were over and so was his career... and he was on the winning side of it... so its not like he was just being a poor loser... so thats gotta tell you something about our team...... i didnt see players throughout the league hate on any 1 team in the finals before or after the nucks were in as much as the entire league of players came out with comments about our canucks in that finals.... and even players that hadnt played them in the playoffs too..... there was never so much hate from fellow players towards 1 team in the finals as the canucks had........ and if its jealously as some fans would like to pass it off as .. well where was the hate for the redwings or penguins or any other great teams???

Dr Recchi another Boston whinner.

we are a losing organization with a tradition of losing......... and are current players aside from a few seem to be a bunch of Dbags... when Mark Recchi came out after they had won the cup and said our team was the biggest group of cry babys yappy arrogant divers , with zero class and said in all his career hes never had an opponent hes had such little respect for as he did for the canucks by the end of the finals. none of that was mind games or lobbying the refs the playoffs were over and so was his career... and he was on the winning side of it... so its not like he was just being a poor loser... so thats gotta tell you something about our team...... i didnt see players throughout the league hate on any 1 team in the finals before or after the nucks were in as much as the entire league of players came out with comments about our canucks in that finals.... and even players that hadnt played them in the playoffs too..... there was never so much hate from fellow players towards 1 team in the finals as the canucks had........ and if its jealously as some fans would like to pass it off as .. well where was the hate for the redwings or penguins or any other great teams???

and that's why we never have and never will attract elite players who have the will, skill and desire to win it all. given the choice those type of players are going to sign with teams like the Hawks, the Bruins, the Penguins and now even the Kings (who as an organization have made some really class moves over the last couple of days). all this organization seems capable of doing is reinforcing its reputation as the laughing stock of the nhl.

No need to ever worry about what others think.

Want love? Lose a lot. Edmonton has never been more loveable (even while tanking for picks) They certainly were not when a tough opponent. Some here may not remember what a "whimp" Gretz was according to everyone outside of that hole of a city.

a greasy faced GM made our goalie a captain. we have sisters, hair pullers, face makers, underwear models, biters, yappers, torts, so I hear. I keep getting reminded by opposing teams fans about our history. I hope Gilis gives them reason to stop.

How can you stand that team? :sick:

Anyways...I think this perception is way over exaggerated. Calling the twins 'sisters' is so utterly disrespectful; especially coming from a so-called Canuck fan. They take massive abuse on any given night, but still manage to put up the numbers. 'Hair pullers and biters': breaks down to one player. Yappers: (3 including the hair puller/biter) most teams have them. Face makers: ?? Underwear models: 1 (I thought he was naked) Again, not that unusual for an athlete to model. You forgot to mention the divers (which every team has). Torts: is he hated? We haven't even had him yet.

So basically you are talking about 3/4 players, the GM and future coach. :frantic:

I think the reason for the bad rep is because the fans are so rabid and annoying. I have seen some really horrible behavior on other forums. :sadno:

Also...if you haven't noticed...Vancouver/BC is not very well liked by the rest of Canada. Like the hockey fans, we tend to be arrogant about our city/province and it can be very annoying. :sadno:

Also...we riot for no reason at all. :shock:

I don't give a rat's a$$ about the team's reputation with other fans, teams or the media. If the Canucks want to be liked, they should start losing because that's the only way anyone will stop hating them.

Nobody hates teams like the Panthers because all they do is lose.

The only thing that should be a concern is their reputation with the refs. If last postseason is an example, the team isn't getting the benefit of the doubt on any call.

That's saying something, considering you've got a rat's ass to give... :bigblush:

It would be interesting to read what CDC posters feel what the Canucks' reputation is, in general. Post how you think that the hockey world views the team, and comment.

They have a rreputation of being divers and whiners. Its a bad rap in the sense that there is allot of that goes on around the league

My opinion, the team is fine when they just play hockey.

The bad reputation is derived from the condescending fans, much of which we see up front on this forum.

Where a general hockey question will have someone saying "you're stupid, we don't need you you don't know hockey" and so much worse.

Where a single post will net you nothing but insults regardless of what it is about.

We have fans that act like they are gods gift to hockey, with cute online camps for scouting and signed cards from Naslund, and guys who once sat in the same café as the Courtnalls, who then take that brief blip of an experience in their lives and somehow translate that into being a more complete hockey fan than anyone else on the planet or the internet for that matter.

IN my opinion, the team is making strides to clean its image up but the fan base we have needs to be thrown off of a boat because no matter how much work the team does on its image on and off the ice, our fans will be the way we are judged. And last I checked we don't have a whole lot of a reason to be acting all high and mighty with the lack of banners hanging from our rafters.

They can call the Canucks divers, whiners, hair-pulling, biting, soft little sisters. Bring it on.

It doesn't bother me, because no matter how poorly they might play or how much they embarrass themselves...

At least they aren't the Flames.

This is what gets me when I read these generalized comments. Lets see...

Sedin Sedin Burr (was a dbag but appears to have stifled it)

Booth Kes (sometimes a dbag) Kass

Higgins Richards Hansen

Sestito Santorelli Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa (I guess some think he's a dbag)

Edler Garrison

Weber Tanev

Alberts Corrado

Lu

Lack

Former players: Torres (some might think so) Raymond, Samuelson, Malhotra, Lapierre (dbag), Erhoff, Hodgson, Schneider, Ballard, Glass, Oreskovich, Buldoc, Salo, Tambellini, Rome.

So...according to you (and apparently many others) 1 dbag, 1 sometimes dbag and 2 maybe dbags is 'most of our players'. That is a ratio of 4/32 or, if you prefer, 1 possible dbag in 8, which breaks down to 3 possible dbags per team. I think pretty much any team in the league could probably match that ratio.

BTW, the Penguins are hated too. People call Sid a whiny baby, despite two concussions and a broken jaw (and he still keeps on ticking). That kind of talk reminds me of your dbag comment.

Archived