The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are we changing this team?

cmpunk

At the end of the year, MG said we have to change the make up this team and making some tough decisions on moving guys. Are we still doing this?

We don't have cap to sign anyone but I recall many on here and Gillis himself saying we need to change the look of this team, which means trading some big players like a Kesler, Bieksa, Edler for an example for other big name players.

But as it stands right now, we will be the same team for 3 straight years, but just some new young guys playing bottom 6 minutes. Gillis does not seem to have the guts to trade a few of our big name players for other players to change the look of this team. I am not saying trading them for anything, but is/has the option been there to deal some of these players?

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins/Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins/Booth Gaunce? Hansen

? Richardson ?

Is our team really any different than losing 4 straight to the Sharks? or from 2012? will things still happen?

Err we lost Schneider and fired our coach, as well as letting Albert and Raymond go. We also bought out Ballard

If that's not tough changes, I don't know what other tough changes you expect

We are NOT going to touch our core such as sedins, burrows, hammy juice kesler and edler

Are we worse than last year? Honestly not that much. As long as we players regain their old form and intensity and our young gun step up, we could rivial our performance in 2011

we are a different team bottom 6 down. Lot's of changes there and we have more youth in the AHL system with Utica. That would be a different make up for the organization in my opinion, plus 2 new coaches at for Nucks and Utica. Traded a goalie, let raymond, malhotra, pinniz, roy, lapierre go. pretty ecent changes in my opinion

Err we lost Schneider and fired our coach, as well as letting Albert and Raymond go. We also bought out Ballard

We are NOT going to touch our core such as sedins, burrows, hammy juice kesler and edler

Are we worse than last year? Honestly not that much. As long as we players regain their old form and intensity and our young gun step up, we could rivial our performance in 2011

I agree. Look at what Galchenyuk and Gallagher provided for Montreal. An injection of youth that gave a spark to the rest of the team.

And IMO, I think we will see at least two rookies in the line up next year.

we are a different team bottom 6 down. Lot's of changes there and we have more youth in the AHL system with Utica. That would be a different make up for the organization in my opinion, plus 2 new coaches at for Nucks and Utica. Traded a goalie, let raymond, malhotra, pinniz, roy, lapierre go. pretty ecent changes in my opinion

At the end of the year, MG said we have to change the make up this team and making some tough decisions on moving guys. Are we still doing this?

We don't have cap to sign anyone but I recall many on here and Gillis himself saying we need to change the look of this team, which means trading some big players like a Kesler, Bieksa, Edler for an example for other big name players.

But as it stands right now, we will be the same team for 3 straight years, but just some new young guys playing bottom 6 minutes. Gillis does not seem to have the guts to trade a few of our big name players for other players to change the look of this team. I am not saying trading them for anything, but is/has the option been there to deal some of these players?

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins/Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins/Booth Gaunce? Hansen

? Richardson ?

Is our team really any different than losing 4 straight to the Sharks? or from 2012? will things still happen?

I guess so, assuming you know Schneider got traded, we hired a new coach. Also should expect a couple rookies to make the jump (Jensen and Gaunce, probably Corrado as well). Shinkaruk and Horvat the year or two after that.

Archived