The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are we changing this team?

cmpunk

Have you been following the team?

Most of our players don't have a high trade value in the market, or we do not want to trade them because they can not be easily replaced. Together with the fact that most of our players have NTC on their contracts.

So the "changes" you are hoping to see is simply not possible. Whether MG is at fault for leaving the team in this situation is up for discussion.

The changes we have made is a new coach and we have replenished our offense prospect pool by acquiring Horvat in a trade. So the prospects will definitely start to change the team for good or for worse, just not next year, but 2-3 years down the road.

D Sedin NMC

H Sedin NMC

Burrows NTC (new)

Kesler NTC

Higgins NTC (new)

Booth untradeable & couldn't be bought out

Edler NTC (new)

Garrison NTC

Hamhuis NTC

Bieksa NTC

With three new NTC's added just how much change did you actually expect?

New coach, very likely 1-3 prospects making the team, improved depth/role players, healthy Booth and Kesler, goalie situation sorted. Seems like a pretty decent amount of (positive) change to complement a talented core to me... Especially considering the other top teams in the league have mostly been diminished due to the shrinking cap.

What exactly were you expecting? I mean our only real option for a BIG, BIG change was to trade Edler before his new contract kicked in. It's pretty apparent that MG was fielding offers but didn't see anything that added more than what subtracting Edler would do. Or put simply, he wasn't offered anything that would improve the team over keeping Edler.

It's a beautiful day, go outside and enjoy some sun ;)

Big holes remain.

Cory has not been replaced and will not be with a raw rookie.Lack is in rehab.

Bottom six lacks a scorer and Kes needs a winger and - or the twins need a winger.

Right handed d man that can fill in top 4 is not there.

Corrado and Tanev cannot score.Sestito is a plug.

Gillis and the braintrust did not trade well when this team had wealth of talent.

Did Gillis ever say, "...for next season?" A good GM doesn't plan for next season, he plans for a cup when it can forseeably happen. Gillis built our team to win in a fast paced, high-skill league. Then, with officiating, the league changed. Now he's building it for a physical, defensive league. We are going to be getting younger every year for a while.

typical cdc'er right here fellas gets pissed off at our GM and predicts the worst possible outcomes for the team. So much negativity, seen it all before and it shall not be the last. OH and do NOT forget the dramatic "...." in the post. People take note of this, I shall be insulted soon. IF NOT(which I doubt) thou shall learn something new if you have not already(which I do not doubt).

P.S. Do not take this seriously.

typical cdc'er right here fellas gets pissed off at our GM and predicts the worst possible outcomes for the team. So much negativity, seen it all before and it shall not be the last. OH and do NOT forget the dramatic "...." in the post. People take note of this, I shall be insulted soon. IF NOT(which I doubt) thou shall learn something new if you have not already(which I do not doubt).

P.S. Do not take this seriously.

Tanev needs a contract. All it takes is for one team to give him a overpayment offer sheet(I doubt the Canucks would match over 2.5 mil)

Part of me feels that the Canucks will find a way to mess up with Chris Tanev and he won't be here next season.

Archived