The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Totals

-AJ-

So I was looking at hockey stats (as I often do when I'm bored) and decided to marvel at how good of a career Luongo has had thus far.

This got me wondering, where will Lu be on the all-time lists when he finally retires? This first begs the following question: When will he retire? Will he retire in his late 30s, but before his contract expires? Or will he play out his contract?

As of today, here are Luongo's main stats:

Games Played

747 Games

Wins

348 Wins

Shutouts

62 Shutouts

For reference, the Top 30 in wins are in the spoiler below:

All-TimeGoaltenderLeaders-1.png

I've been saying for years that he is one of the most under appreciated players in years it seems.

Cant catch a break.

Torts will revive his career (not that it needs to be, but in the eyes of the haters anyway.)

AV's system was a goalie killer.

Watch Lundqvist's stats drop with AV at the helm.

Probably get lots of 7-8 goal against night before getting pulled.

Maybe my AV hate is a bit out of hand, back on topic though.

Lu deserves way more respect than what he gets.

I've always said this - Luongo will be a top-5 all-time NHL goaltender once he's done. He's just about to pass Roy in shutouts, will most likely end up 3rd behind Roy and Brodeur in wins.when it's all said and done. Cups aside, we have a future goalie legend on our team. Practically top-3 all-time, that's like the equivalent to having a Lidstrom.

I've always said this - Luongo will be a top-5 all-time NHL goaltender once he's done. He's just about to pass Roy in shutouts, will most likely end up 3rd behind Roy and Brodeur in wins.when it's all said and done. Cups aside, we have a future goalie legend on our team. Practically top-3 all-time, that's like the equivalent to having a Lidstrom.

I remember when the trade happened, I was like whaaaaat, we finally replaced Cloutier? I remember having a kids book of elite goalies of the modern era, which included Sawchuck, Plante, Roy, Dryden, Brodeur, and Luongo. I was so pumped to have this guy on the team, and those numbers prove why he was included in that book.

Archived