The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Totals

-AJ-

luongo is good in the regular season but he is bad in the playoff

sure he gets the odd good game,but who cares when he chokes the next? goaltending has to be more stable in the playoffs

I'd rather we get timothy tomas for next post season, trade luongo for picks since he doesn't want to be here anyway

luongo is good in the regular season but he is bad in the playoff

sure he gets the odd good game,but who cares when he chokes the next? goaltending has to be more stable in the playoffs

I'd rather we get timothy tomas for next post season, trade luongo for picks since he doesn't want to be here anyway

Haters.

There will never be another #33 or another Marty.

But thats no reason to bash Luongo, he is still a superstar goalie and no doubt in my mind he will be in the HHOF.

What did Kipper accomplish? More respect than Luongo thats for sure, for some REDICULOUS reason.

True Canucks fans are great fans, some of the most loyal in the world.

But we have the WORST bandwagonner demographic in pro sports.

Its disgusting..

If you mean playoff chokers then for once I agree with you apollo. It was Naslund and WCE that brought this team back and started the sellouts. That's why his name is retired. If Luongo doesn't get his act together and play consistent in the playoffs then the best he's going to get is a spot on a ring of honour. I never did like Luongo wearing McLean's number 1.

You sound like you're holding a grudge against Lu for wearing your hero's number.

That aside, I both agree and disagree with you. Naslund and the WCE did save this team, in the early 2000s, but after Big Bert left and Nazzy began to decline, our team was floundering. Lu brought us back to the playoffs in 2007.

I've been saying for years that he is one of the most under appreciated players in years it seems.

Cant catch a break.

Torts will revive his career (not that it needs to be, but in the eyes of the haters anyway.)

AV's system was a goalie killer.

Watch Lundqvist's stats drop with AV at the helm.

Probably get lots of 7-8 goal against night before getting pulled.

Maybe my AV hate is a bit out of hand, back on topic though.

Lu deserves way more respect than what he gets.

If you mean playoff chokers then for once I agree with you apollo. It was Naslund and WCE that brought this team back and started the sellouts. That's why his name is retired. If Luongo doesn't get his act together and play consistent in the playoffs then the best he's going to get is a spot on a ring of honour. I never did like Luongo wearing McLean's number 1.

Luo's numbers, though relatively impressive, are a function of the era be plays in. no ties inflates the wins total. Bigger and better equipment improves most stats. Most of his shutouts were during the dead pick era pre lockout 2005. More than half his shutouts were in his first 5 years in the league (again, dead puck era), the next 8 the number falls quickly.

Add in that his playoff reputation is shakeup at best and it is hard to even think of him when thinking all time best.

Luo's numbers, though relatively impressive, are a function of the era be plays in. no ties inflates the wins total. Bigger and better equipment improves most stats. Most of his shutouts were during the dead pick era pre lockout 2005. More than half his shutouts were in his first 5 years in the league (again, dead puck era), the next 8 the number falls quickly.

Add in that his playoff reputation is shakeup at best and it is hard to even think of him when thinking all time best.

another ESPYs goes by with no mention of how great Lu is , what a shocker hahah ... a whole night of the greatest in sports and all of them seemed to have 1 thing in common... they have all won championships.... maybe if they had an award for highest paid back up in the last year of sports Lu wouldve been invited...

this. you cannot even begin to argue these numbers. haters will go on to say that he played on a great team then contradict themselves saying the canucks suck the sedins are too soft yadda yadda yadda. so what is it? are the canucks amazing to give this "terrible" goalie top 10 ALL-TIME numbers? or did the best goalie in the world carry this "too soft arrogant no heart" team? just ask the haters. theyll tell you.

I have to say, even if he didn't win a cup with us, Ill still love and respect what he has done for this club. Not really getting why some or you tards think that one 8 goal game in the playoffs was all Lus fault and a good reason to write him off forever. That is all you have to hate on. Everything else he has done for this team is wonderful. Without Lu this team would have had way less success since he has been here. Then you'd really be crying your eyes out. Do you know what its like to root for a team that really sucks bad, like Florida? Quite your whiney baby attitude and realize how good you have it.

Archived