The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Brule be the right fit?

people please

I would absolutely offer him a PTO and take a flyer on him. The kid deserves it, he's a Vancouver boy and fan favourite regardless of where he was born.

Shame on his old man for pulling that crap if true. But there's no question Columbus rushed his development and held him back because of it. Major concussion and a snapped femur in a rookie campaign do not translate into a confidence builder. Then Edmonton in the tanking years yikes.

Give this kid a chance and some confidence. The last few cup winners have shown you cannot have enough drive or centers in your lineup.

No reason this could hurt, I have always felt that players who play in front of a home crowd always seem to have that extra 10% to give on the ice and 100% extra off of it.

How could this hurt?

Can't hurt to give him a shot? There is a gaping hole down the middle past an injury-prone Kesler I can't help but think we should explore any option available. As much as I'm excited to see some of the young guys, it wouldn't hurt Gaunce if he spent a year in the AHL and Horvat could probably use 2 years of seasoning, one in the O one in the AHL.

Archived