The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Two pit bulls dragged behind truck in Nanaimo are back with their owners

PrideInThisTeam

We dont know any of the facts of how this happened. And nobody has been convicted of a crime yet. Yet everyone here wants to get out their pitchforks and have at some vigilante justice. Maybe a good old fashioned lynching.

If this was done intentionally then the guy has some serious mental problems that need to be addressed. If it was accidental, well you would think charges wouldnt have been laid.

An arrest was made. Charges are pending. Nobody wins in this situation but justice will be served. Thats enough.

I don't get it, was he trying to hurt them on purpose? Or was he trying to take them for a walk thinking that they would keep up with the truck?

Either way he shouldn't be allowed near any pets.

The problem is the penalties are nowhere near severe enough. The only parties served by the "justice" our legal system provides for people like this are the lawyers involved.

If these were my dogs and a relative did this to them, I'd return the favour and hitch the idiot up to the back of a truck with his penis. Then I'd do donuts.

Not sure you can drag two animals 700 feet without hearing their yelping and whimpering for that long accidentally.

I am sure if it was an accident, charges wouldn't have been laid in the first place. Sounds like a seriously messed up individual that should either go to jail or be institutionalized until such time he is deemed to no longer be a threat to inoccent beings.

Animal abuse is generally the first step towards violence towards humans.

Archived