The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund Rumor] Canucks Targeting Brad Boyes

Rumor can be accessed here.

I know it's an Eklund rumor so take it for what it's worth (some will say it's worth nothing) but in today's blog post he has the Canucks competing with the Islanders for Brad Boyes.

Brad Boyes' HockeyDB profile is here.

He's several season removed from his two most successful campaigns with the Blues (43 goals/65 pts in '07-'08 and 33 goals/72 pts in '08-'09) but had a respectable showing last season with the Islanders (10 goals/35 pts).

If the Canucks are indeed after Boyes, I'm not sure how he fits on the team. From what I remember, he is a natural center but he has been most successful on the wing. I don't recall him being a defensive stalwart so 3rd line C is unlikely to be where his duties will lie. The Canucks already have a full compliment of wingers unless any trades are made - I am assuming here that Kassian is going to be given a more consistent opportunity to contribute in the top-6.

My head hurts.

Eklund DOES know our cap situation right? He DOES know we still have ELC's and a Tanev to clear right?

This is why anything associated with that name needs never be repeated.

We cannot afford him no matter how attractive a player he is

Rumor can be accessed here.

I know it's an Eklund rumor so take it for what it's worth (some will say it's worth nothing) but in today's blog post he has the Canucks competing with the Islanders for Brad Boyes.

Brad Boyes' HockeyDB profile is here.

He's several season removed from his two most successful campaigns with the Blues (43 goals/65 pts in '07-'08 and 33 goals/72 pts in '08-'09) but had a respectable showing last season with the Islanders (10 goals/35 pts).

If the Canucks are indeed after Boyes, I'm not sure how he fits on the team. From what I remember, he is a natural center but he has been most successful on the wing. I don't recall him being a defensive stalwart so 3rd line C is unlikely to be where his duties will lie. The Canucks already have a full compliment of wingers unless any trades are made - I am assuming here that Kassian is going to be given a more consistent opportunity to contribute in the top-6.

My head hurts.

Eklund DOES know our cap situation right? He DOES know we still have ELC's and a Tanev to clear right?

This is why anything associated with that name needs never be repeated.

We cannot afford him no matter how attractive a player he is

Archived