The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

manny malhotra

harmer

Are u kidding?

Gillis had 2 full years after AV benched Ballard in the SCF to cut his losses. 2 years ago you could take back a $2 mill contract (cut loss for buyer) and bury it in the minors. Ballard got re-signed as soon as he was available. Do the math; opportunity was there!

Are you guys kiddin me?

Manny was done, toast, kaput, finished.

Gillis didn't screw Manny over by saying he couldn't play, he was just pointing out the obvious.

Loved Manny, class act all around, but he never got so he could play the game again after he got hurt.

He had multiple opportunities over 2 seasons to show he could still play, he failed them all.

If a team thought he could still play, he'd get a chance.

Hopefully he gets an assistant coaching job on the farm.

1. Learn to use punctuation.

2. Referring to other people's comment about gillis screwing manny, gillis was acting like a responsible human being should act instead of treating manny like tool. Sure he can let manny call the shot on whether he should play or not. But the reality is that sometimes people don't know what's best for them and its up to others around you to take action.

Manny's eye is badly dmaged and I am sure our staffs know how bad is is first hand. With the speed of the game we have today, it's like letting a blind person walk in the highway Nd hope he won't get seriously injured. Taking manny's issue public is the right thing to do as friend and wrong thing to do as a gm. Gillis took the friend role And I applause him for doing so

Manny will thank him when he gets to retirement age and finds out he doesn't need to deal with concussions when he plays with his daughter

3. Punctuation please.

You Persons need to get lives.. Who gives a rats arz about punctuation!!! This is a Forum, Do you comment on your friends punctuation when they text you? Oh wait u probably dont have alot of people text you do you? PLS excuse my lack there of punctuation cause i dont really care and i really dont understand y all U PeOPLE dO sO MuCH???

1. Get a Grip

2. Get a Grip

3. Its a forum get a grip

I'm pretty sure if Manny was going to be playing next season he woud already be an a roster. I am also pretty sure you are wrong about it being a salary cap move as Manny before the eye injury was a bargain and after was a shadow. I agree optics were bad, but I firmly believe that if Manny was healthy, MG would have trimmed the fat from elsewhere.

1. Learn to use punctuation.

2. Referring to other people's comment about gillis screwing manny, gillis was acting like a responsible human being should act instead of treating manny like tool. Sure he can let manny call the shot on whether he should play or not. But the reality is that sometimes people don't know what's best for them and its up to others around you to take action.

Manny's eye is badly dmaged and I am sure our staffs know how bad is is first hand. With the speed of the game we have today, it's like letting a blind person walk in the highway Nd hope he won't get seriously injured. Taking manny's issue public is the right thing to do as friend and wrong thing to do as a gm. Gillis took the friend role And I applause him for doing so

Manny will thank him when he gets to retirement age and finds out he doesn't need to deal with concussions when he plays with his daughter

3. Punctuation please.

we got rid of manny and we did not want him because of his serious eye injury and he had a cap hit of 2.5m which was too much for us he has stated that he would like to come back and play this year he would be great if he could discover his old shutdown form on the third line and even if he does not he is a faceoff wizard for the fourth line he said he would take a tryout or we could just sign him to a cheap 1 year contract

Are u kidding?

Gillis had 2 full years after AV benched Ballard in the SCF to cut his losses. 2 years ago you could take back a $2 mill contract (cut loss for buyer) and bury it in the minors. Ballard got re-signed as soon as he was available. Do the math; opportunity was there!

I could see a league-respected veteran like Manny filling Rob Blake's old position within the NHL's Department of Player Safety.

I would trust Manny's integrity & experience to assess issues of supplementary-discipline...over the Anti-Canucks sentiments that seemingly reside there now - in the person of Matthieu Schneider. Oh, please, hockey-gods - make this happen!

Archived