The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pick one rookie to make the team

CanucksCaptain

who do I want to make the team? if only 1: schroeder. because he is the oldest, and the others don't make it this year they can still do so next year. but if he doesn't make it this year it's a waste of a draft pick. and the pool is thin...

who do I think will make the team? if only 1: gaunce, only cause I've read MG talk him up - so they might give him an extended look.

Hunter Shinkaruk will make the team after impressing Torts and wins the Calder trophy at the end of the year by putting up 75 points, 35 goals and 40 assists. Then CDC forum users will compare him to the great one and Mario Lemieux.

We can't trade Schroeder. We have to continue to develop him. What happens if the Sedin's don't resign and we wish "boy i wish we didn't trade Schroeder".

Not only does Gaunce play the wing, but Horvat is listed on the OHL website as a LW. Plus apparently Shinkurak plays LW / C so I don't think we have to think to much about where these guys play. If the beat out a veteran for a spot in the lineup I think they are in.

I say Corrado is a lock and will likely stay with the team all year.

Jensen will go up and down during the year and will likely start in the AHL

Schroeder will do the same

Gaunce will most likely have the coaching staff making a tough decision

Horvat and Shinkurak are most likely going back to Juniors

Tommernes might also make the team with Corrado but will likely go back and forth from the ahl. I think this guy is underrated in my opinion.

who do I want to make the team? if only 1: schroeder. because he is the oldest, and the others don't make it this year they can still do so next year. but if he doesn't make it this year it's a waste of a draft pick. and the pool is thin...

who do I think will make the team? if only 1: gaunce, only cause I've read MG talk him up - so they might give him an extended look.

Oh yeah, Ludwig Blomstrand:

He is a sleeper imo. This guy can skate and he is nhl size. I expect him to turn heads at camp. Will start the season in the AHL but will get call ups during the year.

Kellan Lain: Needs more seasoning in the AHL.

Darren Archibald: I like this guy. Could be the next Alexander Burrows as for a FA signing. He is big a tough, he works hard and has a scoring knack. He is close to being ready to make the jump to the NHL. I hope they give him a shot sometime during the year.

Jensen will make the team. Sedin Sedin Kassian. Jensen Kesler Burrows. Booth Santorelli Higgins. Sestito Richardson Hansen. third line booth has good chemistry with both Higgins and Santorelli hopefully re vamping his game. Sestito Richardson Hansen would be one of the best fourth lines in the league and finally one we could trust enough to play. Jensen and Kesler would be two dynamic snipers getting fed from a play maker who learned his way with the sedins. Seems like a great line up to me.

Honestly I think canuck fans will be surprised who makes the team. Different coaches see different things in players and I think that Torts is going to bring guys on we don't expect to make the team at this point.

I am pumped about the comets to. I will be following them closer now that I know what they are doing with their youth and development.

Honestly I think canuck fans will be surprised who makes the team. Different coaches see different things in players and I think that Torts is going to bring guys on we don't expect to make the team at this point.

I am pumped about the comets to. I will be following them closer now that I know what they are doing with their youth and development.

I hope they don't rush any of the forwards into the line up... So I say Corrado... I hope they sign Brule to a try out and he makes the team as third line center... He's got more experience in this league than rushing an 18-21 year old into service...

Corrado I have penciled in for sure( 90 anyways as this weber is a right shot too) but for 3rd line c I say Gaunce. Jensen did not play well the two games he was here or the games he played in the AHL. Not feeling good about this Jensen kid yet. Jordan is just way too small to play on a 3rd line in the Pac Division. Need some bite. My guess is Jordan ends up playing in Europe or The KHL. No Idea why Gillis took a 5'6 150 player so high in the draft. I know he was highly thought of but still. Hunter is at least 5'10 and does not look too small. I saw Jordan be interviewed by a female reporter and he was wearing skates and she was still a lot taller than him.

Corrado I have penciled in for sure( 90 anyways as this weber is a right shot too) but for 3rd line c I say Gaunce. Jensen did not play well the two games he was here or the games he played in the AHL. Not feeling good about this Jensen kid yet. Jordan is just way too small to play on a 3rd line in the Pac Division. Need some bite. My guess is Jordan ends up playing in Europe or The KHL. No Idea why Gillis took a 5'6 150 player so high in the draft. I know he was highly thought of but still. Hunter is at least 5'10 and does not look too small. I saw Jordan be interviewed by a female reporter and he was wearing skates and she was still a lot taller than him.

Either Jensen or Gaunce, Jensen would take Raymond's vacant space on the wing, the guy played in the Swedish Elite League and did fairly well while racking up 23 points in 50 games, 17 of those were goals, he has the NHL frame at 6'3 203lbs, is a bonafide power forward capable of getting to the dirty areas, being able to hit and contribute offensively. Then you have Gaunce which we basically need in the line up with our lack of center depth, his foot speed is alittle worrying but I'm sure he will get faster via training camp and working out during the off season, has an NHL frame at 6'3 215lbs, safe to say he is like Kesler, he's a great 2 way forward, was the captain of the Bellevue Bulls so he has leadership experience, if we could slot in both that would be awesome, can't wait to see these kids play

I suppose Corrado would also be sloted in since he is a right handed d man and could make our defense an even left - right balance for each pairing, great stay at home d man allowing either Edler or Garrison ( depending on who he'll be paired up with) to pinch in and get shots in the slot.

Frankie Corrado. I dont think they would have burned a year off his contract for nothing.

Plus with the additions of richardson and santorelli it makes it harder for a centre prospect to get in(depth wise). If a forward prospect makes it I say Jensen

Archived