The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edler trade to the Jets

Where did you hear that? He's had a few missteps but he actually seems extremely loyal to this team. Signed a 6 year contract, does a lot of community stuff, went on a tweeting rant about how he's going to do everything he can to bring this team to the playoffs this year, right now he's the only Jets player at the development camp running drills and giving advice to the prospects. Make no mistake he's loved here in Winnipeg, it's just that the people who yell the loudest tend to be the least educated.

Kane also issued a denial: "The story started on some blog. I haven't even read it. I don't know what to think. I haven't asked for a trade and I'm happy where I am and I expect to be here for a long time."

Seems to me that if he had actually requested a trade he probably wouldn't be shy about confirming it, and most certainly wouldn't bother denying it. Kane's never had an issue speaking his mind.

To Vancouver:

E. Kane

Scheifele

To Winnipeg:

Edler

3rd 2014

Sign Raymond ($1.5M/year-3 years), Tanev($1.9M/year-2 years), Weise($0.8M/year-2 years) and Barker($0.7M/year-1 year)

line-up:

SEDIN - SEDIN - BURROWS

HIGGINS - KESLER - KANE

BOOTH - RICHARDSON - HANSEN

RAYMOND - SANTORELLI - WEISE

SESTITO

BIEKSA - HAMHUIS

TANEV - GARRISON

WEBER - BARKER

CORRADO

LUONGO

LACK/ERICSSON

This team would barely fit under the cap but IMO it is a team that would definitely compete for the cup and would be getting younger at the same time

Archived