The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I don't understand why people are downplaying the Booth

5Fivehole0

1st of all let me start by saying, there is no way in the 9 layers of Vancouver that Booth will be on the 3rd or 4th line. He will be on the 2nd line with Kesler... Speaking of which

Ryan Kesler

Regular Season-----------------------GP G A PTS PIM

2011–12 Vancouver Canucks NHL 77 22 27 49 56

2012–13 Vancouver Canucks NHL 17 4 9 13 12

David Booth

2011–12 Vancouver Canucks NHL 56 16 13 29 32

2012–13 Vancouver Canucks NHL 12 1 2 3 4

So why would everyone be all up in arms for Kesler to stay 2nd line centre(Yes centre and metre)without having put up big numbers in the last 2 years. Keslers numbers have been almost on par with Booth

Kesler

2010–11 Vancouver Canucks NHL 82 41 32 73 66

Booth

2010–11 Florida Panthers NHL 82 23 17 40 26

Kesler had the Sedins and the Power play to thank for a lot of his goals that year, Booth was playing with a much weaker line up and still put up half decent numbers, good enough for a 3rd line. Place Booth with Kesler and Burrows and he should/will/has put up numbers similar to Kesler. If you look at 2011-2012 he played 20 less games (with the Canucks, he had 6 more with the panthers and only got 1 Assist) he had 20 less points than Kesler, both seemed on par for 50-60 pts (not very good).

My point being, if you are going to harp on an injury plagued Booth, you have to come down on an injury plagued Kesler.

I myself am going into this season with an optimistic outlook on our 1st 2nd and 3rd line. A healthy Booth, Kesler, and Burrows line up should have no problem putting up a combined 190-210 points if they all play as well as they can.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins TBD Hansen

Tostito TBD Weise

Jensen TBD

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Corrado

Weber Alberts

Luongo

Lack

Ericsson

Personally I think when those TBD get decided our line up will look a lot better than people think.

I expect fireworks this year from the Canucks #1 in our group.

Fixed the stats!

The main reason is that rookies will be in the line up as opposed to the last three years. And if say 3 rookies make the team out of camp/pre-season here's what I could see:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Gaunce - Jensen

Booth - Santorelli - Hansen

Schroeder

If Shinkaruk gets his 9 games and isn't quite ready for the NHL then Booth will move up to his spot.

Problem is we lost the team's best second line winger in Samuelson for Booth and Booth and the second line has been MIA since then.

No team can dream of winning anything with one line that is getting beaten to a pulp.

Ragging on Booth is just another way to rag on the fact this management has not put together a second line to compete with.

The main reason is that rookies will be in the line up as opposed to the last three years. And if say 3 rookies make the team out of camp/pre-season here's what I could see:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Schroeder

If Shinkaruk gets his 9 games and isn't quite ready for the NHL then Booth will move up to his spot.

Problem is we lost the team's best second line winger in Samuelson for Booth and Booth and the second line has been MIA since then.

No team can dream of winning anything with one line that is getting beaten to a pulp.

Ragging on Booth is just another way to rag on the fact this management has not put together a second line to compete with.

LOL comparing Kesler and Booth in points is ridiculous. Kesler brings so much more to the ice and team than just putting up points. Booth has been a dud here, but he's had terrible luck with injuries. Hopefully he can come back strong, if not I would not be sad seeing him go to be honest.

LOL comparing Kesler and Booth in points is ridiculous. Kesler brings so much more to the ice and team than just putting up points. Booth has been a dud here, but he's had terrible luck with injuries. Hopefully he can come back strong, if not I would not be sad seeing him go to be honest.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Schroeder

I think as far as production in the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 seasons though it's pretty much a Wash. Samuelson was injured most of those seasons as was Booth. 2012/2013 seasons were very similar for both players. The big problem Booth has is his cap, Samuelson was going to expire the year he got traded so that probably could have given Vancouver room to sign a better player than Booth.

Things going FOR David Booth:

• SKILLSET (When healthy he has a better skillset than any other player that could replace him from within our system).

• NHL READINESS (He knows our systems, although admittedly that could change, and seems to have good chemistry with Kes and Higgy).

• LACK OF TOP 6 PROSPECT (Currently there are few choices within the prospect pool that would be better at a 2nd line role than Booth).

Things AGAINST Booth:

• CAPSPACE (some rookies will make this team...it remains to be seen where they'll fit in).

Best chemistry / line combos that I can think of for now would be:

SEDIN-SEDIN-BURROWS

KESLER-HIGGINS-BOOTH

Young/Rookie 3rd line (ie/ Gaunce/Schroeder/Kassian/Jensen etc.)

I don't believe Kassian has the skillset (yet) to crack a top 6, and if Zach Kassian is in our top 6 this year, we are in serious depth trouble.

Archived