The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's your favourite place/part about Vancouver City?

AK-47

So the fact of the matter is, we live in a pretty great city.

It begs the question, what do you love about it? Is it the Mountains? The rolling hills? Flowers? daffodils? boom de ya da?

I am just curious you know just in case I missed something others considered an integral part of Vancouver!

Personally for me, I like The UBC campus, Deep Cove, Biking/rollerblading Stanley Park, Dundarave Pier, Whytecliff Park, the Sea-to-sky Highway drive and all the sites it takes you to (porteau cove, shannon falls, the chief, whistler....), White Rock beach and plane watching at the airport, heck even the ferry to Victoria is sweet!

So what's your favourite part about Vancouver including all of Coquitlam (there's some awesome outdoorsy spots in coquitlam!) , Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, POCO, White Rock, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge... you name it!

So let's hear your favourite spots/places/areas/things-to-do for this great city!

ie- what are somethings every Vancouverite or tourists visting Vancouver must do!

Man, I miss Vancouver :(

I spend some time in Vancouver in 2010 and as a tourist pretty much all I did during my time in the city was riding the skytrain from station to station. Maybe it sounds a bit boring but coming from a small town in Sweden it felt almost surreal riding around watching skyscrapers and mountains :)

Hopefully I'll get to go back soon...

Now? Very little, the city jumped the shark a long time ago.

I still like the North Shore, the West Side and North Burnaby and Port Moody though.

The beaches, mountains and easily accessible nature are what makes the city, its just too bad the city can't rise to the level of its location.

Grew up in WR during the 70's, & 80's; then had to move away. Every time I've gone back, have to agree,(lower mainland) it's increasingly 'jumped the shark'.

It's become a playground for the rich, perhaps best illustrated in today's news about that Pt Grey road, used only for locals. Used to hear good family tales about the hippies livin' down at WR beach. There were a few richer people, but lots of blue collar, as my family were. Half of the town was forested, as children, the outdoors & adventure were unsustainable paradise-way beyond what we realized.

I read stories of California, particularly John Steinbeck, & one can imagine it's evolution from farming communities to Hollywood & Beverly Hills. Over the coming decades, I wonder if the same's in store for what we once had.

Archived