The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Van-Nyi

To NYI: Bieksa, Hansen, 3rd

To Van: Hamonic, 1st

Why Van does this: We get a good defenseman who is still young and developing and a first round pick.

Why NY does this: They get a fast forward and a good defenseman who can lead the charge and replace Streit plus a draft pick as well.

Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Santorelli-Gaunce-Higgins

Jensen-Richardson-Weise

Hamuis-Hamonic

Edler-Garrison

Corrado/Weber-Tanev

Luongo

Eriksson/Lack

FLAME AWAY

I personally don't think the Isles touch this. Hamonic is young, just signed a 7 year contract which imo will be one of the best contracts in a few years. I am not sure the Isles do this even with the pick removed.

I don't see the Isles doing this for many reasons. The first round pick is a dealbreaker as Snow rarely gives up the pick. He made that mistake only once for the rat faced looking Ryan Smyth only to leave after 2 months. Also the Canucks need right handed dmen in a bad way so why would they trade Bieksa the only decent one they have now. Hansen may be speedy but has hands of stone and the Isles already have Grabner so he would be redundant at this point. If the Canucks were smart they would go after Andrew Mcdonald who is making the league minimum and is worth 5 times the price.

Archived