The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

End part of q-tip fell in my ear ( how to get it out)

Dude...don't stick tweezers or toothpicks into your ear. You clearly don't have much common sense to begin with and were jamming the q-tip too far and aggresively into your ear. You should use a Q-Tip only to clean the outside edges of the ear. You should never jam it into the ear canal.

Go to a doctor. He'll call you stupid for jamming Q-tips into your ear, but it's better than having permament hearing damage. The doctor will be able to use a light and proper instruments to remove the q-tip.

just so everybody knows i removed it ok

That was easy i got it out all i needed to do was tilt my head right get a qtip cover it with hot water but it on the side of my ear and push the soft part down and it came down and then I got tweezers and slowly got it out all out except the little string which I got out with another q tip and then I poured a little water in my ear and it came out with little strings of that thing and now it's all gone and i got my grandma to look at it and she said its fine Evan though she dose not have the best visions thanks CDC and yahoo answers and i to

D you guys its nothing serious now just to throw away the whole packet of president choice qtips

I've been using Q tips to clean inside my ears for 40 years. No broken ear drum, no damages. Just clean ears. Slow and careful is the way to go. I touched my ear drum once and never went that deep again. I think it is another nanny rule to keep morons from giving themselves a sideways lobotomy. My rule of thumb is to be alone in a locked bathroom so no outside influences could cause an accident by bumping while cleaning. By the way, ear drums heal from a rupture in 4 to six weeks. JMO.

Archived