Toews - getzlaf - nash

Weber letang

Keith petriangelo

Subban doughty

Hamhuis

Luongo

Price

Crawford/anderson

I realize there is 1 too many forwsrds snd giroux coykd be out simply cuz his role would be primarily scoring which others may do better

Lots of centers which I think is an advantage as many can play wing too.

I realize the pairings on d would be shuffled as well.

Thoughts?

Not bad. Pretty damn good actually. I'd suggest Toews over Bergeron though, what's that guy's injury recovery timeline? I assume he's facing a lot of surgery/rehabilitation, although I haven't followed all that too closely.

edit to add - the biggest question mark is definitely goaltending. Every single potential goaltender (the four listed + Ward & Smith, imo) have been somewhat inconsistent in the past year, with the exception of Crawford who I think is too inexperienced despite the Cup win. The crease will be determined Oct-Dec.

Neal? Lol, kinda overrated. Playing with Geno boosting his stats.

Nash-Crosby-Stamkos

Benn-Tavares-Toews

E.Staal-Getzlaf-Perry

Hall-Giroux-Bergeron

Spare forwards: Mike Richards, Jason Spezza, Jordan Eberle

Letang-Weber

Doughty-Subban

Pietrangelo-Keith

Spare defenseman: Dan Hamhuis, Brent Seabrook

no particular order ^

Luongo

Price

Crawford

Battle for starter ^ but i'm going with Luo

edit: Anderson is American, not Canadian..

Steven Stamkos - Sidney Crosby - John Tavares

Claude Giroux - Jonathan Toews - Taylor Hall

Eric Staal - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry

Mike Richards - Patrice Bergeron - Jeff Carter

Evander Kane - Patrick Sharp

P.K Subban - Shea Weber

Kris Letang - Alex Pietrangelo

Duncan Keith - Drew Doughty

Brent Seabrook

Roberto Luongo

Carey Price

Mike Smith

Steven Stamkos - Sidney Crosby - John Tavares

Claude Giroux - Jonathan Toews - Taylor Hall

Eric Staal - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry

Mike Richards - Patrice Bergeron - Jeff Carter

Evander Kane - Patrick Sharp

P.K Subban - Shea Weber

Kris Letang - Alex Pietrangelo

Duncan Keith - Drew Doughty

Brent Seabrook

Roberto Luongo

Carey Price

Mike Smith

ooo dirty 1st line, but Sharp? Jordan Eberle? Jordan Staal? Many better options then him

E. Staal - Crosby - Stamkos

Tavares - Getzlaf - Perry

Richards - Toews - Nash (actual top line)

Couture - Bergeron - Giroux

Benn

Weber - Doughty

Keith - Seabrook

Pietrangelo - Subban

Letang / Staal / Girardi

Price

Luongo

Ward

ooo dirty 1st line, but Sharp? Jordan Eberle? Jordan Staal? Many better options then him

I disagree. The guy is a proven winner that does everything right; especially in the playoffs. Also has chemistry with Toews. Better offensively than Jordan Staal and better defensively than Jordan Eberle. Also I like the fact that he is a natural winger.

I disagree. The guy is a proven winner that does everything right; especially in the playoffs. Also has chemistry with Toews. Better offensively than Jordan Staal and better defensively than Jordan Eberle. Also I like the fact that he is a natural winger.

The depth at centre makes the wings pool look incredibly shallow, doesn't it?

....and just a reminder, NHL player participation is still not a sure thing in the 2014 Olympics.

I mean, we all know it's going to happen, but this is frustrating - amongst other things, this is why we still don't have a schedule for the upcoming season. Yet another reminder of the stubborn petulance of Bettman, Daly & co. I'm sure they're bickering over one small inconsequential clause or another on this.

The timing for when the National Hockey League releases the 2013-14 regular-season schedule is dependent on an agreement that is currently being worked on to send NHL players to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said Thursday that the schedule will not be released until the agreement between the NHL, National Hockey League Players' Association, International Olympic Committee and International Ice Hockey Federation is completed.

"There has been no final agreement on the terms of Olympic participation at this point," Daly told NHL.com. "And unless, or until, there is, the release of the 2013-14 regular-season schedule would be premature. Having said that, we hope that a final resolution on both matters can be achieved in the very near future."

If the sides come together on an Olympic agreement, the NHL would have to suspend the 2013-14 schedule for at least two weeks in February for players to participate in Sochi. NHL players have participated in the past four Olympics, beginning with the Winter Games in Nagano, Japan.

http://www.nhl.com/i...3&cmpid=nhl-twt

Want a natural winger? Jarome Iginla, Patrick Marleau? Obviously Sharp's gonna win on a stacked team with Kane, Toews, Hossa, Seabrook, Keith ..

Stamkos - Crosby - Tavares <--- elite scoring line

Toews - Bergeron - Richards <--- shutdown line, still dangerous offensively

Nash - E. Staal - Perry <--- couple of big boys that can get dirty and score

Benn - Seguin - Giroux <--- some secondary scoring, hopefully Benn and Seguin can develop some chemistry this season

Hall/Eberle/Getzlaf

I think the only way Seguin goes is if him and Benn get something really going between them

Weber - Letang

Keith - Seabrook

Doughty - Pietrangelo

Hamhuis

Each of the pairings have a high-flying offensive d-man along with a more steady guy, although all 7 of these guys are at least above average offensively, and great defensively (maybe besides Letang)

Hard to not put Subban up there, but Hamhuis is a LH which helps him a lot. Subban could go instea of Doughty, Pietrangelo or Seabrook though, depending on how camp goes.

Luongo

Price

Ward

Goaltending is a crapshoot, any of those three, Crawford, Smith, or maybe even MAF could go, even harder to tell who the starter will be.

Neal? Lol, kinda overrated. Playing with Geno boosting his stats.

Nash-Crosby-Stamkos

Benn-Tavares-Toews

E.Staal-Getzlaf-Perry

Hall-Giroux-Bergeron

Spare forwards: Mike Richards, Jason Spezza, Jordan Eberle

Letang-Weber

Doughty-Subban

Pietrangelo-Keith

Spare defenseman: Dan Hamhuis, Brent Seabrook

no particular order ^

Luongo

Price

Crawford

Battle for starter ^ but i'm going with Luo

edit: Anderson is American, not Canadian..

I would switch your 2nd and 3rd lines and swap Keith for Subban, and I think that's pretty close to what I'd pick.

St.Louis-Crosby-Stamkos --> Pure skill line. St.Louis and Stamkos are the best 1-2 punch in hockey. Add Crosby...

Nash-Tavares-Giroux --> Solid 2nd line with a mix of skill and size.

Toews-Bergeron-M.Richards --> The greatest checking line ever

Perry-Getzlaf-E.Staal --> Size and skill. The best fourth line for any team at the Olympics.

Hall/Couture

Weber-Doughty --> Solid top pairing. Mix of offense and grit.

Pietrangelo-Keith --> Steady shutdown pair. Two of the best skaters in hockey.

Subban-Hamhuis --> High-octane play of Subban mixed with steady defensive play of Hamhuis.

Letang/Seabrook

Luongo --> He'll be the starter.

Price --> Arguably the best Canadian goalie around.

Crawford --> Just won a cup with a Conn Smythe contending performance

St.Louis might end up getting snubbed again but he definitely deserves to be on the team.

Archived