Toews - getzlaf - nash

Weber letang

Keith petriangelo

Subban doughty

Hamhuis

Luongo

Price

Crawford/anderson

I realize there is 1 too many forwsrds snd giroux coykd be out simply cuz his role would be primarily scoring which others may do better

Lots of centers which I think is an advantage as many can play wing too.

I realize the pairings on d would be shuffled as well.

Thoughts?

Toews is no way in hell an extra forward...He is top 6 at least. He is a sure lock

I think this is the 7th one of these threads that I've written in, but I'll contribute anyway.

Lucic-Crosby-Stamkos (Lucic destroys anyone who goes near these two. If he gets suspended, then St.Louis move to his spot.)

Tavares-Toews-Giroux (Fantastic scoring ability and they're defensively solid.)

St.Louis-E. Staal-Nash (Staal and Nash make up for St.Louis size, plus there's tons of skill on this line as well)

Perry-Bergeron-Getzlaf (Yeah this would be the best fourth line in Canada's history.)

Hamhuis-Weber (they have chemistry together, otherwise there'd be no chance Hamhuis makes top pairing.)

Keith-Subban (Two recent Norris trophy winners on one pairing.)

Pietrangelo-Letang (The fact that this will be our 3rd pairing is awesome.)

Luongo (Lead Canada to it's last gold medal, unless he's awful this year-which I don't see happening-he's our starter.)

Price

Smith

Rick Nash Sidney Crosby Steven Stamkos

John Taveres  Jonathon Toews  Eric Stall

Corey Perry   Ryan Getzlaf   Claude Giroux

Jordan Eberle Logan Couture  Jamie Benn

Taylor Hall  Patrice Bergeron

Shea Weber P.K Subban

Duncan Keith Brent Seabrook

Drew Doughty Alex PIetrangelo

Dan Hamhuis

Roberto Luongo  Carey Price  Marc Andre Fleury

I think this is the 7th one of these threads that I've written in, but I'll contribute anyway.

Lucic-Crosby-Stamkos (Lucic destroys anyone who goes near these two. If he gets suspended, the St.Louis move to his spot.)

Tavares-Toews-Giroux (Fantastic scoring ability and they're defensively solid.)

St.Louis-E. Staal-Nash (Staal and Nash make up for St.Louis size, plus there's tons of skill on this line as well)

Perry-Bergeron-Getzlaf (Yeah this would be the best fourth line in Canada's history.)

Hamhuis-Weber (they have chemistry together, otherwise there'd be no chance Hamhuis makes top pairing.)

Keith-Subban (Two recent Norris trophy winners on one pairing.)

Pietrangelo-Letang (The fact that this will be our 3rd pairing is awesome.)

Luongo (Lead Canada to it's last gold medal, unless he's awful this year-which I don't see happening-he's our starter.)

Price

Smith

Wouldn't put Lucic there, mainly due to the type of game played.

We've already had multiple threads of this but not going to whine about it.

Nash - Crosby- Stamkos < Scoring line.

Tavares - Toews - Giroux < Scoring line with really good two game.

Carter - Getzlaf - Perry < Hammering line, with scoring ability.

Staal - Bergeron - M.Richards < Checking line

Eberle, Hall, Thornton, Marleau, Couture.

Keith - Weber < OFD and DFD. Self explanatory.

Subban - Pietrangelo

Doughty - Letang

Hamhuis - Seabrook.

Price

Luongo

Smith

Tavares - Crosby - Giroux - **shudders** this line has so much goal scoring ability, and potentially the top 2 players in the league, if you listen to Laviolette and the rest of the NHL.

St. Louis - Toews - Stamkos - St. Louis shows no signs of slowing down and makes the leagues top duo along with Stamkos, Toews is a no brainer for #2 C behind Crosby.

Nash - Getzlaf - Perry - Scoring Checking line, 3 big boys who are very hard to play against.

E. Staal - Bergeron - M Richards - Checking line made up of 3 of the best 2 way players in the game.

Marleau - Thornton - Benn - An entire line to sub in. I could see Benn playing with Toews and Stamkos to bring a bit more physicality than St. Louis, or on the third line with Nash moving into that spot. Also E. Staal and Crosby Together with Giroux playing with Stamkos/Toews and Benn on 4th is possible too.

Everyone's good on faceoffs at C.

Keith - Weber - top 2 D, Weber>>>> chemistry with Seabrook.

Phaneuf - Doughty - Big hitter Phaneuf with one of the smartest TWD in Doughty to make up for his mistakes. LD/RD.

Hamhuis - Pietrangelo - Hamhuis is one of the best shut down LDs available, and would allow Pietrangelo to work some magic.

Boyle - Letang

D pairings makes sure nobody's playing an uncomfortable side, but between Boyle and Letang there's enough talent to slot right in anywhere.

Luongo - is undisputed #1 by this point in Brodeur's Career. His job to run with or lose.

Price - A bounceback year will put him #2 behind Luongo, even if his NHL numbers are a bit worse than #3, When on his game he can make the saves others dont.

Anderson - Isn't Canadian. oops. As long as #3 isn't Fleury I'd be ok with it. Crawford would also make me shudder. I'd rather Brodeur.

I have to laugh at the people who are listing Taylor Hall, no way does he get in over some other players mentioned, and the people listing Hamhuis, have to think Boyle would get in over him.

Many factors to consider this year, bigger ice, team Russia will be primed and pumped, Sweden will be dangerous as always and of course our arch nemesis team Switzerland.

My pick are this: (in no order)

St. Louis Crosby Stamkos

Nash Getzlaf Perry

Staal Toews Tavares

Richards Bergeron Giroux

13th forward Morrow

Taxi squad: Spezza Eberle Seabrook Subban

Weber Keith

Doughty Letang

Pietrangelo Boyle

Luongo

Price

Smith/Crawford

Stamkos Crosby Tavares

Benn Toews Giroux

Nash Bergeron M.Richards - shutdown line

Sharp E.Staal St.Louis

Doughty Weber

Subban Letang

Pietrangelo Girardi

(I know Keith will be a defencmen for Canada but he is just such a dick i couldn't put him down)

Price

Lu

Ward

(Price and Lu battle it out for starter Ward incase someone gets hurt)

Forwards (13):

1. Sidney Crosby
  2. Martin St. Louis
  3. Steven Stamkos
  4. Claude Giroux
  5. Jason Spezza
  6. Eric Staal
  7. Ryan Getzlaf
  8. Corey Perry
  9. John Tavares
  10. Jonathan Toews
  11. Joe Thornton