The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your team Canada line up today

i'm surprised so many ppl taking nash out of the lineup.. he's arguably one of the best if not the best international tournament performer on the team.. as for ppl picking price ahead of any other goalie.. potentially he might be the better goalie.. but he sure damn ain't starting for team canada.. first off he doesn't step up in the big games.. second he's been on a statistical decline ever since 10-11 and 3rd.. unless Luongo have a disastrous season.. he'll start and if he falters the next goalie will take over just like the 2010 olympic.. experience does matter.

Everyone is forgetting Brent Burns!!!

He should make the team just based off his versatility alone. He can play wing or d just like Byfuglien for the U.S.

Not to mention he is mobile and plays with a mean steak. Those two guys are ultimate utility players.

Another guy under the radar is Seguin. He could finally bust out in Dallas playing his natural center position and light it up with Benn on his wing.

Everyone is forgetting Brent Burns!!!

He should make the team just based off his versatility alone. He can play wing or d just like Byfuglien for the U.S.

Not to mention he is mobile and plays with a mean steak. Those two guys are ultimate utility players.

I agree Burns is a poor man's Byfuglien, but who would you swap out for him?

Lol, you guys actually think Hamhuis will actually make this team? I don't think he can beat out Keith, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber, and Subban who are all locks on the team as long as they are healthy of course.

Lol, you guys actually think Hamhuis will actually make this team? I don't think he can beat out Keith, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber, and Subban who are all locks on the team as long as they are healthy of course.

Name 2 Left handed shooting dman that are as steady as Hamhuis. You can't have 6 RH dman on one team.

I have to laugh at the people who are listing Taylor Hall, no way does he get in over some other players mentioned, and the people listing Hamhuis, have to think Boyle would get in over him.

Many factors to consider this year, bigger ice, team Russia will be primed and pumped, Sweden will be dangerous as always and of course our arch nemesis team Switzerland.

My pick are this: (in no order)

St. Louis Crosby Stamkos

Nash Getzlaf Perry

Staal Toews Tavares

Richards Bergeron Giroux

13th forward Morrow

Taxi squad: Spezza Eberle Seabrook Subban

Weber Keith

Doughty Letang

Pietrangelo Boyle

Luongo

Price

Smith/Crawford

Do you think a smart hockey guy who has won multiple cups and Olympic gold will ice a defence with 5 RH dmen? What if Keith goes down? All breakouts must come out of right side only. Guys like Hamhuis, Del Zotto and even Eric Brewer have a better chance to nab the 6 spot that Kris Letang.

Neal Crosby E.Staal - INCREDIBLE SCORING

Tavares Stamkos St.Louis - I dont know why everyone keeps splitting up Stamkos and St.Louis. Dynamin Duo with a dynamic 3rd linemate

Bergeron Toews Richards - The Triple Selke Line. Best 3rd line you could ever hope to have

Perry Getzlaf Nash - Big Boy Line

Giroux Hall - Extras

Keith Webber

Peitroangelo Letang

Subban Doughty

Hamhuis

Luongo

Anderson

Smith

This Lineup provides incredible scoring in the top two lines, an all Selke third line, and tough gritty scoring in the 4th line.

stamkos-crosby-eberle

Giroux-Tavares-nash

neal-getzlaf-perry

Richards-toews-Bergeron

couture

keith-weber

hamhuis-letang

subban-seabrook

doughty-pietrangelo

luongo

price

smith/Crawford/Anderson/ward

Neal Crosby E.Staal - INCREDIBLE SCORING

Tavares Stamkos St.Louis - I dont know why everyone keeps splitting up Stamkos and St.Louis. Dynamin Duo with a dynamic 3rd linemate

Bergeron Toews Richards - The Triple Selke Line. Best 3rd line you could ever hope to have

Perry Getzlaf Nash - Big Boy Line

Giroux Hall - Extras

Keith Webber

Peitroangelo Letang

Subban Doughty

Hamhuis

Luongo

Anderson

Smith

This Lineup provides incredible scoring in the top two lines, an all Selke third line, and tough gritty scoring in the 4th line.

Craig Anderson is American..

Why everyone keep thinking he's Canadian? Just because he plays for Ottawa?

Stamkos - Crosby - E. Staal (Scoring line #1:Crosby to set up Stammer the Hammer for the one timer)

Tavares - Toews - Giroux (Scoring line #2: Tavares will be fed dirty passes from Giroux, while Jonny-T dominates in the faceoff circle)

Nash - Getzlaf - Perry ( Shut down line #1: Average size is 6'4.... Must I say more?)

Hall - Bergeron - Eberle (Scoring line #3: All Bergeron has to do is win faceoffs, and dish the puck to his wingers, then let Hall and Eberle do the rest... ie: Undressing other teams down to their compression shorts)

Benn - Could sub in on any line.

----------------------------

Keith - Letang (Imagine the offensive breakouts these two guys could start)

Phaneuf - Weber (Oh you wanted to skate into our zone? That's nice.)

Hamhuis - Subban (Hamhuis is a stay at home type of guy, which will allow Subban to rush the burnt biscuit up the ice)

Pietrangelo (7th dman, could be first pairing on many teams)

----------------------------

Price (Will have a very strong bounce back year, IMO)

Luongo (LUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is all)

Dubnyk (Verrrrrryyy underrated. Great stats on a weak team)

My man parts are tingling....

Neal? Lol, kinda overrated. Playing with Geno boosting his stats.

Nash-Crosby-Stamkos

Benn-Tavares-Toews

E.Staal-Getzlaf-Perry

Hall-Giroux-Bergeron

Spare forwards: Mike Richards, Jason Spezza, Jordan Eberle

Letang-Weber

Doughty-Subban

Pietrangelo-Keith

Spare defenseman: Dan Hamhuis, Brent Seabrook

no particular order ^

Luongo

Price

Crawford

Battle for starter ^ but i'm going with Luo

edit: Anderson is American, not Canadian..

doesn't Anderson have duel citizenship, and he plays for a Canadian team. I have heard his name in topic of discussion with team Canada during the team 1040 radio show before.

doesn't Anderson have duel citizenship, and he plays for a Canadian team. I have heard his name in topic of discussion with team Canada during the team 1040 radio show before.

If that is the case, then he should be able to choose what team he wants to play for, right? My guess is Canada, Schneider and Quick will play great, not sure about Miller.

Archived