The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford On TH: Horvat, Gaunce not ready, Luongo situation

Southpop45

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty much stating what we all know already.

- Luongo wanted out. He made that clear..... a long time ago. Now he's stuck here and they're stuck with an unhappy goalie and a really long contract. Canucks did this to themselves, and in some respects Luongo/agent did this to themselves. Both sides are to blame. Unfortunatly the 1 person that could/should have fixed this entire mess (Aquilini) turned out to be cheaper than NYI and Tampas ownership group.

- It's be great for Gaunce or Horvat to make the team..... but the probability of them being ready is extremely low. Like, you'd probably win the lotto first.

Was he suggesting that the Canucks 'environment' is toxic right now? That bringing the young guys in would expose them to a less than desirable situation? I'd hope things haven't got that bad, the season hasn't even started yet.

i voted yes in the second poll, and was forced to vote in the first one, so i chose the only one that says no in it. not because i think they are both ready, but because they will both get a shot at camp, and the better of the 2 will stick around. I'm hoping it's Gaunce, so Horvat can play in the WJC.

You're right he is super cheap.  Will you go and prove how not cheap you are and throw $10,000 in to the garbage?  I mean it's only $10,000.  At the same time you're allowed to throw away an item from your home that you don't really want anymore.

The only way I'd buy sitting Gaunce out is if it's because it would be better for his development. I don't see how putting Brad Richardson on the 3rd line helps the club at all in the long term.

Maybe a slight help this season, but really it's like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound as far as filing Manny's shoes.

Its July. The coaches and managers probably haven't had a good look yet. The players haven't had a chance to play with the team yet. And that's 2 years worth draft picks too because of the lockout.

But you're going to go by the opinion of this "writer"? Who has formed his opinion on what exactly?

Not saying all the rookies will be in the starting line-up. Just saying it's BS to predict something with the most limited information and then to try to pass it off as some kind of expert analysis.

Well, is it better for Horvat to play limited minutes, limited role in the bottom six here? Or to play with Domi and McCarron for Dale Hunter's London team and host the Memorial Cup? Yeah, he's not playing in the NHL this year. Gaunce on the other hand could win a bottom-six spot with a good showing in training camp. Jensen or even Shinkaruk could too.

Well, is it better for Horvat to play limited minutes, limited role in the bottom six here? Or to play with Domi and McCarron for Dale Hunter's London team and host the Memorial Cup? Yeah, he's not playing in the NHL this year. Gaunce on the other hand could win a bottom-six spot with a good showing in training camp. Jensen or even Shinkaruk could too.

Gaunce looked the most ready for the jump; although that was from watching a single, semi-competitive scrimmage, so my opinion is more of a guess than anything. As for Lu, the prospect of playing for team Canada will have absolutely no impact on whether or not he plays for the Nucks. He will play for Van because he wants to, not as a means to satisfy his desire to compete in an international tourney.

Should let Horvat and Shinkaruk develop another year. Let them dominate major junior and play in the World Juniors. I would like to see Gaunce given another year to develop too. These guys are going to be good NHL players but they need to be brought in right.

But I am not ruling out any of them making the club. If they are ready to go and show that in pre-season, let them play 9 games and see how they do.

Pretty much stating what we all know already.

- Luongo wanted out. He made that clear..... a long time ago. Now he's stuck here and they're stuck with an unhappy goalie and a really long contract. Canucks did this to themselves, and in some respects Luongo/agent did this to themselves. Both sides are to blame. Unfortunatly the 1 person that could/should have fixed this entire mess (Aquilini) turned out to be cheaper than NYI and Tampas ownership group.

- It's be great for Gaunce or Horvat to make the team..... but the probability of them being ready is extremely low. Like, you'd probably win the lotto first.

Was he suggesting that the Canucks 'environment' is toxic right now? That bringing the young guys in would expose them to a less than desirable situation? I'd hope things haven't got that bad, the season hasn't even started yet.

Archived