The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Botchford On TH: Horvat, Gaunce not ready, Luongo situation

Southpop45

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it's funny how he talked about the luongo situation and horvat being asked about it every day since he was traded for schneider

well guess what the media will be forcing that issue on the team if they had any sort of journalistic responsibility they would find better things to do with their time and better questions to ask

just because luongo doesn't wanna talk to the media right now means absolutely nothing other than the fact he is on vacation right now perhaps the last thing he wants to think about is hockey right now

i think it would be natural for Luongo to be apprehensive about playing here at first thought, but he is so competitive that I find it hard to believe it would keep *him away for long.

Here's to the franchise's greatest goalie ever coming back for a triumphant return!!

Well, is it better for Horvat to play limited minutes, limited role in the bottom six here? Or to play with Domi and McCarron for Dale Hunter's London team and host the Memorial Cup? Yeah, he's not playing in the NHL this year. Gaunce on the other hand could win a bottom-six spot with a good showing in training camp. Jensen or even Shinkaruk could too.

Anyone else hate ppl who come on threads with nothing to add except how much they hate whichever source, be it botch, eklund, etc? Shut up, half of you probably haven't idea why you hate botch or eklund, you're just half brain dead sheep following the flock.

I agree with almost everything botch is saying. To expect any of the kids to make the team is stretching it. These aren't first overalls or can't miss prospects, these are fringe first rounders with done work to do. Luongo was told he was leaving, that he lost his position, of course he isn't happy. I don't see him playing for gillis at all, it isn't the coach that he doesn't trust anymore.

I disagree that playing for Vancouver is his best chance to make team Canada. I don't think it matters what team he is on. If he plays well, he will make the team.

guess bitchford may be right on horvat. wouldn't mind if he was in the minors for the year to get some quality playing time, but since vigs is no longer in the picture, our prospects won't be buried as much by torts, hopefully. i'm sick to death about hearing lu being unhappy. that story is just so played out. enough already

Anyone else hate ppl who come on threads with nothing to add except how much they hate whichever source, be it botch, eklund, etc? Shut up, half of you probably haven't idea why you hate botch or eklund, you're just half brain dead sheep following the flock.

I agree with almost everything botch is saying. To expect any of the kids to make the team is stretching it. These aren't first overalls or can't miss prospects, these are fringe first rounders with done work to do. Luongo was told he was leaving, that he lost his position, of course he isn't happy. I don't see him playing for gillis at all, it isn't the coach that he doesn't trust anymore.

I disagree that playing for Vancouver is his best chance to make team Canada. I don't think it matters what team he is on. If he plays well, he will make the team.

Should let Horvat and Shinkaruk develop another year. Let them dominate major junior and play in the World Juniors. I would like to see Gaunce given another year to develop too. These guys are going to be good NHL players but they need to be brought in right.

But I am not ruling out any of them making the club. If they are ready to go and show that in pre-season, let them play 9 games and see how they do.

One of the two guys will make the NHL this year. No way that Torts runs with Schroeder..... he's less ready than the other two even though he's played some games.

Gaunce would be my guess, but Horvat if he plays like he did at the prospect camp up against NHL'ers... it's a no brainer.

Aside from that Botchford is doing what he does best... making brutal anti-fan comments about the canucks to try and troll his way up the media ladder. What a tool.

I haven't seen much of any of our new prospects so hard to say if they are ready or not. Lets just say they'd need to be mighty impressive in pre-season to win a spot. Personally i doubt either of those guys makes it. Id prefer to see the kids develop a bit more instead of throwing them in as a 18 year old, 19 year old.

Archived