The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Is Luongo's Contract Bad?

The Magician

For the last time altheles' stats will go up and down in real life. You shouldn't be watching any sports if you can't understand this simple concept.

Did I mention part of his stat decrease is due to the fact av moronically left lu in the net when he had an off night? How many coaches out there will let a goalie stay in the net for 7-8 goals?

you do know if a goalie gets pulled at the half way mark with 4 goals against or stays in for the whole game and lets in 8 the GAA is still 8 for the game either way.... pulling Lu at 3 or 4 goals half way through a game wouldn't have helped his GAA ... its exactly like ERA for pitchers... they get based over 9 innings goalies GAA goes over 3 periods.....why cant you understand the term of decline? he went from a starter to back up and his numbers have gotten consistently worse since the cup run.... hence he is in a decline... as you would say "simple concept" we are not talking about a week or a month its been 2 years.....

So forgive me if this has been mentioned already ...the android app doesn't let me view anything other than the first page of a thread..

I remember hearing about two "outs" when the contract was signed, a team option and a player option...(after 6 or 8 years?)

I've hardly heard this mentioned lately , did gary's petty little rule change kibosh those too?

So forgive me if this has been mentioned already ...the android app doesn't let me view anything other than the first page of a thread..

I remember hearing about two "outs" when the contract was signed, a team option and a player option...(after 6 or 8 years?)

I've hardly heard this mentioned lately , did gary's petty little rule change kibosh those too?

the more I see you type the more I think you are just another idiot who dont' understand the stuffs he typed, and takes whatever crap the media in vancouver fed you. I will break down my points so you can read easier.

1. WTF are you using Luongo's GAA in this discussion anyway? Luongo's GAA was still better than some of his other seasons in his career. In fact, his GAA last season was just .04 worse than his career average.

2. The impact AV did to Luongo's stat by not pulling him in a blow out game is his SV%. If you are using that as your argument on how he's on decline, then my statement would stay true. AV's goalie managment does have a impact to Luongo's stats.

3. The fact that he went from a starter to a backup is mainly because of the team mismanaged the goalie situation, not beucase of Luongo suddenly become a second tier goalie.

4. and seriously, for the last time, players' stats WILL have ups and downs in their career. Just because Luongo's stat had declined for 2 seasons after his career season, it does NOT mean he's on decline. It's like saying Ovechkin is on decline last season because he can't top his career seasons a few years ago.

Only idiots would expect a player to have a linear curve in their stats. In reality there will be ups and downs. It's incredibly stupid to write a player off 2 seasons after their career season.

hahah you brought up his stats so i brought up his GAA wich is a stat you said being left in for blow outs hurt his stats .. i explained to you being pulled half way throught the game at 4ga is the same as staying in the whole time for 8 or same with S% 4 goals on 20 shots or stays in and faces 40 shots and lets in 8 not much different S% so being left in or pulled doesnt make much of a difference as you would like to think but thats simple math that i wouldnt expect you to figure out............ do u uderstand what a decline is? his stats last year were worse than 2012 his stats in 2012 were worse than 2011 hahah yes their are ups and downs but when u go 2 straight years of falling stats its called a decline!!!!! get over it already when year after year his numbers get worse it is the websters definition of a decline... there is no argument about it .. its the english language if you were to draw it on a graph is the line inclining? going straight? or declining? oh its in a decline!!!! i dont understand why you cant comprehend the word or the definition of it ... until his stats are better or the same as the year befor he is technically in a decline .... if you have an off month or week its a slump if you slip for 1 year its just a bad year you slip in 2 straight years its called a decline.... you bring up ovechkin here is an example of a decline.... since his career 65 goal season his goals were in a decline the following 3 years... becasue he went 65 g >56 g > 32 g > 30 g then his decline stopped because they went up to 32g do you get it now???? if numbers go down year after year in succession its a decline!!!!!

Archived