The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I know this pain

avelanch

the airwaves in the 80's may have been playing a lot of crap music, but the 80's was probably the best decade for metal;

metallica

slayer

anthrax

megadeth

iron maiden

diamond head

judas priest

motorhead

exodus

mercyful fate

praying mantis

manowar

quiet riot

pantera

ozzy osbourne

rainbow

dio

tank

twisted sister

savatage

michael schenker group

I know I'm missing a bunch, but I tried to choose ones that either started in the early 80's or late 70's into the 80's (that I could remember). Either way, impressive list.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I love 70's and late 60's music, like; Black Sabbath, Rush, Judas Priest, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, The Who, The Guess Who, Pink Floyd, Queen, Rainbow, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Beatles, The Doors, AC/DC, King Crimson and so on.

But I'm also a fan of 80's, 90's & 00's music too, especially; Iron Maiden, The Sword, Anvil, Ozzy (solo) (especially his first two albums with Randy Rhoads, my all time favourite guitarist), Metallica (I don't care how much a bunch of p****** they are, they still rock hard), Queens Of The Stone Age, Motorhead, Pearl Jam, Van Halen, Turisas, Saint Vitus, Candlemass, Pentagram, Annihilator, PUSA, RATM, Dio (solo), King Diamond and so forth, but I prefer 70's.

Not a big fan of that "typical" 80's sound, like the kind of stuff Rush did in the 80's.

Archived