The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Blames for Montieth death?

Ilya Bryzgalov

Holy F**k what a stupid article.

Yeah lady it was Vancouver, it was Vancouver that took that needle filled it up with heroin then strapped him down to a gurney and injected him. FFS how do people like this even get a job in writing.

Do you even know what safe injection sites are?

They provide clean needles so that drug addicts don't spread diseases like Hepatitis. They don't supply the drugs for the junkies. But they do provide drug counseling if these people want it.

Safe injection sites have nothing to do with rich people who do heroin. These people will get their heroin regardless of safe injection sites.

Well when we're talking about a rich celebrity who could probably get their Heroin anywhere they want, it's not really relevant.

And is the problem getting any better? Get back to me in 10 years when Hepatitis cases have gone down significantly and no longer are a threat to the general public.

Remember the next time you take public transit that these same Heroin addicts take the bus too. I don't know about you, but I don't want to contract Hepatitis from riding a bus or skytrain.

Yet, he was in Vancouver. Yes, he probably could have gotten his heroin anywhere but maybe it's a lil easier here?

I'm playing devils advocate here, Deniro. I am not against the sites, I just don't think everyone should be attacking the writer for bashing Vancouver when she's bashing the program(allowed to have an opinion, no?). Everyone is so sensitive around here, no one can be the least bit critical without a following outrage.

I'm not outraged. I'm telling you why the safe injection sites are a good thing, and why Cory Monteith should have no relevance to them.

The author of this clearly wanted to attach a celebrities name to get people's attention so that they could spew crap about their own beliefs.

Well when we're talking about a rich celebrity who could probably get their Heroin anywhere they want, it's not really relevant.

And is the problem getting any better? Get back to me in 10 years when Hepatitis cases have gone down significantly and no longer are a threat to the general public.

Remember the next time you take public transit that these same Heroin addicts take the bus too. I don't know about you, but I don't want to contract Hepatitis from riding a bus or skytrain.

You don't catch hepatitis from riding the bus.

This stupid statement invalidates your entire point about Insite doing good in preventing hepatitis or other diseases.

Insite is the biggest scam out there. Those invory tower elites always pararde statistics showing deaths were prevented by people using Insite. What they don't say is how many come clean from using Insite. How many people stop using drugs.

What Insite does is enable drug use. Saying that it is ok to use drugs.

Than I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the others in this thread or the people on twitter....

"@GlobalBC: Calgary columnist @liciacorbella is under fire for blaming Vancouver's safe injection site for Cory Monteith's death http://t.co/GfT3yJkUxc"

People excited to come to Vancouver to do heroin is not "spewing crap." And it's not just in her article thay I've heard that. OK so less addicts carry Hep C, but what if the number of addicts triples? Quadruples? Same amount of Hep C going around the city. When it comes to situations such as these, I'm all for objectivity....is all I'm saying.

Well I don't know how many people are "excited" to come to Vancouver to do Heroin. The DTES is not exactly a glamorous destination for what you would deem drug tourists.

The problem is not the availability of Heroin. Heroin is everywhere, and if it isn't people manufacture other drugs.

The problem is a social issue in Canada, and Vancouver just happens to be the focal point because it has Canada's mildest climate for a major city. So therefore we attract homeless people, and a lot of them happen to be drug addicts.

This problem should be addressed at a federal level because Vancouver is fronting alot of the costs for what is a nation wide problem.

Archived