The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How's living in maple ridge?

ALTtimegreat

I live in Maple Ridge. It's a big senior community. Kind of quiet. Housing is more affordable. Lots of farm land. People are nice and friendly. Occasional mean people and young punks. It's a quiet humble city. It's low key and un crowded.

If you want your teenage children to pick up smoking mary-j as a hobby, move to Ridge ;)

But seriously, it has everything you'd need from shops, clubs etc. It's definitely not as exciting nor as busy as Coquitlaim. If you want to go shopping at a mall, you're better off making the drive to Coquitlaim or Langley. It's a pretty suburban /dry town, but that's not to say that there isn't anything to do. There just aren't a lot of flashy restaurants, except for a couple places like the Chameleon Cafe (truly recommend it) and the Frogstone Grill, and of course, all of the McDanks put up around town! There are numerous parks, a couple hockey rinks, and 5 high schools, just to name a few things...

Maple Ridge is just what I'd call an ordinary town. In September, I'm heading off to university in Victoria and will no longer be living in my home town. It's been my only home.

Hometown of: Cam Neely, Andrew Ladd, Brandon Yip, Larry Walker and Greg Moore.

If you want your teenage children to pick up smoking mary-j as a hobby, move to Ridge ;)

But seriously, it has everything you'd need from shops, clubs etc. It's definitely not as exciting nor as busy as Coquitlaim. If you want to go shopping at a mall, you're better off making the drive to Coquitlaim or Langley. It's a pretty suburban /dry town, but that's not to say that there isn't anything to do. There just aren't a lot of flashy restaurants, except for a couple places like the Chameleon Cafe (truly recommend it) and the Frogstone Grill, and of course, all of the McDanks put up around town! There are numerous parks, a couple hockey rinks, and 5 high schools, just to name a few things...

Maple Ridge is just what I'd call an ordinary town. In September, I'm heading off to university in Victoria and will no longer be living in my home town. It's been my only home.

Hometown of: Cam Neely, Andrew Ladd, Brandon Yip, Larry Walker and Greg Moore.

Archived