The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] CHI Signs Peckham and two more

I love Hamhuis as much as the next Canucks fan but only a homer puts him in the top-6. He might be a #8, competing with guys like Staal and Girardi for that spot.

---

As for these signings, really great additions for Chicago. They are #7 and #8 on the Hawks' depth chart after being bottom-pairing guys on other (albeit lesser) teams.

i always payed attention to him cus my friends that are oilers fans made it sound like he was the worst player to ever play... i wouldnt go that far but my conclusion was yeah he's pretty bad. injury fill in and nothing more imo

I think you'll see Brookbank dealt soon and Kostka platoon the 6th defenseman spot with Rozsival. Brookbank is a decent 7th defenseman, but if you can replace him for a lower cap hit and get a draft pick out of the deal (probably a 5th or 6th round) then why not.

Exactly my point. I feel like Hamhuis will make the team, due to his time spent playing with Weber and his solid defensive play.

if there was ever at D pairing that could shut down an Olympic level first line, it'd be Hamhuis-Weber.

And if I'm Canada's GM I don't risk it on Marc Staal. To much of a gamble, considering we haven't seen him play in a year and a half and he's coming off a VERY serious injury.

I love Hamhuis as much as the next Canucks fan but only a homer puts him in the top-6. He might be a #8, competing with guys like Staal and Girardi for that spot.

---

As for these signings, really great additions for Chicago. They are #7 and #8 on the Hawks' depth chart after being bottom-pairing guys on other (albeit lesser) teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived