The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to get over a horror movie.

zombieksa

Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2 were movies that freaked me right out when I was younger. I still can't walk through a field without picking up the pace a little.

I haven't had a single horror movie scare me longer than an hour or two, and the only one with any "lasting" spooks were Sinister and Insidious. Other than that it's all of the typical jumps in the movie.

watched dog soldiers like 10 years ago tripp'n balls on some psychodelic zoomers and was afraid to go outside for about 6 hours...

also when i was like 7 the cover of gremlins gave me the fear... you know the one with the guy in the toilet... yeah that one i saw the cover at a video store way back in the the day and i couldn't sit on a toilet properly for a few years lol always had to check if anything was in there... always did the hover ... and was always as fast as possible but man the anxiety of going to the bathroom was crazy bad.

but as for lasting effects from watching a movie seeing full metal jacket when i was young messed with my head.

and don't even get me started on the Titanic that celin dion song just haunted me for like 4 years after the movie, i remember hearing that song played on the radio, my sister playing it at way above acceptable volume levels ( ie anything over 0 ) it was on tv left right and center oh god .........

oh and requiem for a dream gave me nightmares so i stopped doing drugs.

In all seriousness, if something fictional is bugging to the point where you cannot sleep, then you need to seek professional help. And this has been going on for 12 years??? Its not going to get better.

I am not trying to be mean but this is not a normal reaction to movie. A psychologist mighy be able to offer some tips. Best of luck.

In all seriousness, if something fictional is bugging to the point where you cannot sleep, then you need to seek professional help. And this has been going on for 12 years??? Its not going to get better.

I am not trying to be mean but this is not a normal reaction to movie. A psychologist mighy be able to offer some tips. Best of luck.

I bought the book IT used from the library when I was 10 years old because I thought it would be a fun upgrade from the Goosebumps series. Was terrified of sitting on the toilet for a while after that. When I finally watched the movie I couldn't help but laugh.

Archived