The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gagner Seeking $5.5 M per in Arbitration

This is starting to p#ss me off. Not necessairly Gagner (many others come to mind), but how can marginal players demand so much money and cripple their teams??

In todays salary cap era I don't understand how one could be so egotistical and demand an insane amount of money if he could sign for 2/3m per and play for the Cup....

I hope he doesn't get signed...

He has fallen down the depth chart for the team. He is still a young guy though. A bit much but tbh every contract I see now is too much, so there is no win/win situation in this league anymore. It's really a game of 'how much more money than necessarily do we give this guy to keep him'. The game is going downhill, I thought the lock-out would fix it a bit....sadly not. We got half a season for no better contracts :(

Key word Seeking, I do think Gagner is Edm most complete forward and is still only 23, has 6 season under his belt and will continue to improve. Is he worth 5.5 no, is Roy worth 5 no. I hope they get rid of him just because I can't stand EDM but I still think he is a good player on a crapty team.

In a world where they aren't getting much better and are going to need to start dropping the young star talent they have it might be a good idea to trade his rights away.

Islanders might be a good trading partner for the oilers. Both teams could benefit if they found the right deal(s). Get rid of Gagner now or have to pick one of these top signings in a few years to let go of when they're desperate. Might just get more now than when teams know they have to do it to fit under the cap.

Archived