The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The official Gillis firing COUNT DOWN

Well it's official. Gillis has run the team into the ground. The squad that got swept out of the playoffs the last two years is going into a tough division this year, and Gillis again has done nothing to improve the lineup. In fact this is the weakest version of the Canucks in 3-5 years.

Like a blind man, Gillis refuses to admit his mistakes or errors, convincing himself the problem is player motivation rather than the team's lineup. He's even hired Tortorella, and his pit bull assistants, to play out his warped theory. The Sedins are holidaying in Sweden for the summer, wondering that the point is of coming back.

Tons of threads have been written about the struggles the team will likely have to compete, and even make the playoffs. Betting odds favor that the Aquilini's will wake up to the reality of Gillis' incompetence, and fire the hapless, rookie GM this season.

So I'm starting the countdown to the Gillis' dismissal, and a return to sanity for the team. Feel free to make your own predictions about when Gillis will be fired.

MY PREDICTION: GILLIS WILL BE FIRED BY JANUARY 20TH, 2013.

COUNTDOWN STARTS: 120 days.

Prepared to get flamed by the 'real' Canuck fans, but I agree, he has done NOTHING so far this summer and if he thinks trading Cory was his 'bold' move then were screwed. This team has gotten worse since our cup run, still no legit 3rd line center, not top 6 forward on the 2nd line. I like Horvat and Shinkaruk a lot but they should not be competing for a job next season, if they are then that says a lot about our team. We are no where near a contender with fringe NHLers like Richardson who was a healthy scratch for most of last season and a waiver pickup Santorelli who was then released by an inferior Winnipeg Jets team to center our 3rd and 4th lines. He cant make any deals to improve the team because he gave everyone a NTC/NMCs and now is having trouble signing RFA Tanev with lack of cap space. Teams on our division are proactive and improving around us and we're looking at a weaker lineup heading to next season.... with no sign of improving because of cap space. He's going to preach the same 'patience' crap we heard last season, you guys are being tricked if you think the team improved with the Santorelli/Richardson signing.

If this thread is locked, it will confirm the level of paranoia Gillis has inbred into the Canucks organization. If he wants to redeem himself he should do his job, and improve the lineup the way the good teams and skilled GM's have done (ie. Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston) rather than direct the website's moderators to squash healthy debate about the job he's doing. Locking this thread won't prevent Gillis head from being cut off, but confirm the necessity of it.

Com'n Gillis trade/sign for a proven 40 forty goal scorer already for the 2nd line! Trade/sign for a stud defenseman that can eat up 30 minutes a night! That's what this team needs and you know it! While you're at it, sign some big players that can skate, but make sure they're not plugs, make sure they can score 25 goals. We could use at least 2 more of those, 1 for the Sedin line and one for the 3rd line. Oh, also sign a proven veteran 3rd line centre that is a faceoff wizard (he needs to be big and fast too).

You haven't done it yet because you lazy and stupid. I do it all the time on NHL 13. Gm's just give those players away.

Get er done!

(Am I doing it right?)

:bigblush:

If this thread is locked, it will confirm the level of paranoia Gillis has inbred into the Canucks organization. If he wants to redeem himself he should do his job, and improve the lineup the way the good teams and skilled GM's have done (ie. Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston) rather than direct the website's moderators to squash healthy debate about the job he's doing. Locking this thread won't prevent Gillis head from being cut off, but confirm the necessity of it.

Archived